Welcome to the NEW GridironFans.com!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 13, 2007.

1. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

Just wanna say I love the new site. That old version sucked. I hated how after you made a post it would say redirecting. That was annoying. I also like how when you see a topic on the front page you can hold your mouse pointer over it and see what the whole title is. The old site wouldnt let you do that. I will be here more often now. I love this place.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Glad to hear you like it bro! :D

3. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

vBulletin is without a doubt, better. the issue is the increased fees, but if you can handle that, more power to ya! and thanks

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

too bad we couldn't pay in vCash...

5. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

where's those pics MA?

It feels like a twist of TexanTalk and a splash of GIF.
    Add the coconut (sweet's) and you got one heck of a site...

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Maybe it has been asked already but what's the relation between the rep points and the green dots, if there's one?

7. SRW

Ok folks...the site is almost up to speed with the changes. All that is left to do is add the Blog software (waiting for some info from the author so it can be installed) and trying to port the previous main page to the new site which is a MAJOR snitch thanks to pretty much having to learn SQL (I am very limited when it comes to SQL). As you all can see the Java menu is back and once the front page is up and running we will be able to view news by categories once again.

8. RaiderHater

RaiderHater Guest

Are you guys still going to change the name to NFL Uncensored?

9. SRW

Eventually. I have the name registered but am waiting to have the site completely done before making the switch.

10. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

This site looks great.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Thanx TD, glad you like it...Vbulletin freaking rocks!!!!!

12. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

NP Sweets. You are sweet lol.

13. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Damn right Sweets. Man what VBulletin can do!:cool:

14. SRW

I have been tinkering with the site for a while tonight....trying to improve the front page and backend of the site. Hopefully I am going to have the site where I want it soon.

15. Zach49ers

Zach49ers Here 4 sweets's Smutties

maybe you should add something liek an option people can choose for there backgrounds

kinda like where one option is the lighter background and one option is the darker option, if you get what i mean

just a thought

16. SRW

Skins....at some point I have to learn how to do that. But it is an idea I'd like to incorporate.

17. Zach49ers

yea skins.....thats what they are called....right now im not in the "thinking" mood

nor am i in the spell things correctly mood....if ya nknow what i mean

someday....

i also like to add that i really like the faded backgorund style...but i think that theres too much "lightness" around.... some darker shade maybe. just me tho....

18. SRW

We'll have a dark theme and then if we ever grow I'd like to have team forums and have each forum be skinned for each team. That's a ways down the road though if we ever get enough people to support individual forums.....would be nice someday....

19. Zach49ers

oh wow.....now your talkin!

that would be really awesome, but like you said....thats thinkin down the road when there is a whooole lot more members....

20. SRW

Yeah...I don't know what else to do to try to get people talking....at this point I just try to improve the site and post as much as I can. Hard to do when you are the only one working on the site behind the scenes though...