When does Willie Parker Officially Become THE Pittsburgh Steelers Feature Back?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by TDJets72027, Jul 4, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I know that most of you are going to say publically, WILLIE PARKER IS the Steeler back, look at what hes done the last two years! Of course you would be referencing last seasons 1,494 yard, and the Super Bowl seasons 1,202 yards. On the outside, you are going to provide the world with Fast Willie Parker support. Youre going to make Willie Parker sound like the second coming of Walter Payton.

Source: MVN

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

He's a good back but he is no Walter Payton

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

never becuse he can not take the feature back pounding

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I remember when people used to say that about Tiki Barber and Brian Westbrook.

5. nastynate184

that's true, but until i see him doing it i am standing firm

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

Thats what i'm gonna do as well

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

"Fast" Willie Parker is a decent back. He's pretty quick but can't really take the feature back poundings most RB's have to take.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well reading that article and the subsquent posts after it homerism is alive and well, one post is already saying that Parker will go on as one of the best running backs in the NFL not just on the Steelers team...give me a break...

9. nastynate184

wow that is just ludacris

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

incredibly

11. NinerCapHell

NinerCapHell Pretty fuckin' random

Willie Parker is a good change of pace back, maybe even a feature back on teams that have a different mentality. The Steelers want to pound the ball, and he can't do that. He can't get those tough 3-5 yard gains consistantly. He lives on those runs where he makes it to the second level and beats them with his speed, he can't do crap against a tough run D that won't let him get there. Don't get me wrong, he's good in fantasy, but his stat lines look like this:

1 yard, -2 yards, 2 yards, 0 yards, 78td