Who Are Your Team's MVPs So Far?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ravenfan52, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Offensive: Joe Flacco. Gotta go with the "rookie". He so doesn't play like a rookie. He has carried our offense to 4 straight games with at least 27 points and is the main reason for our success. No brainer here, although Derrick Mason was his closest competition.

Defensive: Haloti Ngata. I think it was Trevor Pryce who said back in '06 of Ngata: "I expect him to be all-pro by year three." Well, it's year three, and with 2 interceptions, 27 tackles, a sack, and being a general beast, pressuring quarterbacks, deflecting passes, blocking in goal line situations, that prediction seems to be on track.

Special Teams: Sam Koch. The punter has been a wonderful surprise, and with 44 punts for a net average of 40.6 yards and 16 inside the 20, he could contend for the pro-bowl, although he might not see enough opportunities with our offense :icon_cheesygrin:

Injured player most missed: Dawan Landry. Barely beats out Kelly Gregg. Our secondary is hanging by a thread, and we could really use Landry against these tough offenses we're about to face.

2. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Offense: Andre Johnson... When he gets the ball thrown his way, look out...

Defense: Mario Williams... Just because almost everybody else pretty much sucks.

Spec. Teams: Kris Brown... Perfect as always.

Injured Player most Missed: Matt Schaub... He won't turn into Rosencopter in the 4th.

3. ravenfan52

yeah that's pretty easy with houston lol

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

offence: marion barber
    defense: demarcus ware
    special teams: NO ONE
    injured missed player: romo, but felix jones is a close second

5. ravenfan52

lol at no one but i think their new punter is sick he can hit like crazy

and obviously romo is most missed injured player

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Dallas Cowboys
    Offense: QB Tony Romo
    Defense: DT Jay Ratliff
    Special: RB Felix Jones

enough said.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Nice pick with Rat

He has flown under the rader. One of 4 defensive vets playing above glue factory level ( Rat, Ware, Thomas, and believe it or not Spears)

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah Spears has played pretty good. I hope we let Canty walk in the offseason. Next year the front 4 look like this LE Spears DT Granger Draft Pick DT Tank RE Ratliff.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Tank is gone. Some team (denver) desperate for a DT will overpay him. But keep an eye on Marcus Dixon in Preseason

You talking about Demarcus Granger from OU. I could see that, but I would rather get a bigger guy like Taylor, Woods or Raji. We still have like 9 picks with possible comp picks form Jones/Reeve (lol), so we could still get back into the 1st

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

There's no way I'm even going to comment on MVP's for the Chiefs.

:grumpy:

11. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

Offense - Tyler Thigpen (thank God)
    Defense - Either Brandon (flowers or Carr)
    Special Teams - Dustin Colquitt
    Most missed injured player - Kolby Smith

12. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Offensive: Chad Pennington as bad as it hurts me to say it. Done a very good job managing the game for the most part.

Defensive: Joey Porter easily. Honorable mention to Yerimiah Bell though.

ST. The Punter.:icon_cheesygrin: He has been pretty good at pinning the opposition deep.

Injured player most missed: None really, although the Smiley shoulder injury could cause problems in the future.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

offense desean jackson

defense asante samuel

special teams both demps and desean

14. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Offense Greg Jennings or Donald Driver
    Defense - Charles Woodson without a doubt
    Special Teams - Blackman

15. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

Offense - Tyler Thigpen/gonzo (thank God)
    Defense - pollard
    Special Teams - Dustin Colquitt
    Most missed injured player - Kolby Smith

16. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Ditto for me about the Bengals.

17. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

The Bills don't have many player's that stand out as MVP's
    Offense- Gotta go with Edwards, he's had a few rough games(which we lost) but it just proves that without him we'd be terrible on offense.
    Defense- Poz leads our team in tackles (assisted and solo), but I'd have to say our MVP would have to be K.Mitchell.
    SP teams- Gonna go with Parrish, the guy is amazing with Moorman and Lindell with an honorable mention
    Injured player most missed- would have to be Crowell, some would say he was overrated but he is good. Unfortunately he won't be wearing a Bills jersey ever again.

18. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

O- Portis though Jason isn't far behind.
    D- Tie between Fletcher and Horton and Rogers is up there too but all his drops let him down a bit.
    ST- Can't really think of any stand out player this year aside from Santana for his 1 punt return.

19. dpn

dpn 18to44

O - Peyton Manning - Won a few games on his shoulders
    D - Gary Brackett - Around 91 tackles so far
    ST - Adam Vinatieri - Kicking into the end zone a lot more this year. Kicked winning field goal against Patriots :icon_smile:

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Offense - I'll give you one guess.
    Defense - Should be taken out as a group into a field and executed.
    Special teams - Allen Rossum/Delanie Walker. Rossum gives us the return threat we have been lacking since...oh...forever, and D-Love is like a special teams Ronnie Lott. Rest of the group follows the defense into the field.

Overall MVP honors go to whoever got their crap together and finally fired Nolan.