Who In Here Thinks The 49ers Will Win The NFC West...It's Ours To Lose??

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Lady Big Cat Lover, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Lady Big Cat Lover

Lady Big Cat Lover Cats Meow

I know some columnist are saying it's finally OUR time to shine again!! So, how many
    of you feel the Niners are the best in the west for now?? (I'm planning on at least finally
    getting to the wild-card round of the playoffs, maybe further!!) We looked pretty good
    during the preseason, don't you think??

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

49ers will win it easily.

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It all falls on Alex Smith and try as I might I just can't get on the Smith train.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think people are assuming that the Cardinals are just going to dissapear without a qb. They'll likely regress, sure, but the rest of the team that were SB contenders are still in place for the most part. They match up pretty well with the Niners now, really. Both have good offensive weapons but no quarterback, both have better than average defenses with big question marks. I think it's going to be close, and I like the Niners, but I'd be in no way shape or form shocked if the 49ers miss the playoffs and the Cards go. In any other division in football neither of these teams would sniff a wildcard.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I agree with Axion. I guess the 9ers should be a lil better and the Cards a lil worse, but there is no reason to be sold by anything.

49ers have the 4 easiest SOS, and the Cards have the easiest... who knows.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

I think they'll take the west.....we'll all know more after next Monday nite

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I've had my hopes up too high in the past. We should, but that doesn't mean we will.

9. kchubb

kchubb Rookie

Not quite. ON TOP OF losing their HOF QB... and I suppose their second string qb... they also lost...

Anquan Boldin - Half of what was once the most feared receiving tandem in the NFL. 5 1,000 yard seasons in the last 7 years...

Karlos Dansby - The Qb of the defense and a guy who led the team in tackles the last two years. Yes, they replaced him with a formidable but aging Joey Porter... not nearly the same player at this point in his career...

Antrell Rolle - One of the better safeties in the league...

They are not the same team. By losing Warner they are going to have to completely change their offense. They wont be able to throw it all over the field like they have been the last couple years. They have no identity at this point.

10. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I agree that Arizona has lost a hell of a lot more than just Kurt Warner. I don't think there is any way they can successfully plug all those holes in just one season. They won't fall off the map completely but they aren't going to be nearly as tough as they were the last couple seasons.

49ers should win the division, yes. I'm not sold on Alex Smith either but based on last season he seems to have at least progressed from horrible to functional in the QB role and having two new stud rookie OL will help him I think. And if Westbrook can avoid getting dinged again, Westbrook and Gore is a hell of a nice way to take pressure off Smith.

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

qft

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Wow, Alex Smith was the Achilles heel vs Seattle.....the one weakness reared it's ugly head big-time today. :icon_eek:

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

we are in for a long season if we keep beating ourselfs:icon_sad:

14. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Yeah that game today had me at a loss for words. One of my buddies is a 49ers fan and I was kind of hoping for both the Bears & Niners to have good seasons. Obviously nothing is set in stone now but I really did figure on SF winning today. Definitely not expecting them to get blown out.

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Please, ONE weakness? That was a TEAM of weaknesses. The secondary played un-disciplined and bit on EVERYTHING, the O-line had no push at all, and couldn't pass protect to save their lives, the play calling was awful (as usual), and Crabtree played as if he hadn't played all preseason or taken a practice seriously in his career... Oh, wait...

Seiously, Smith was terrible, but it was far from all his fault. If we don't stop playing like it was 1985 we will never break .500.

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah but It started with him and snowballed to a horrible all around performance.

17. TerriTsu

TerriTsu Idō kaubōizu!

Yeah, SF won't go anywhere with that QB. As much as I hate Pete Carroll's phony butt I wanted Seattle to lose and I can't stand Seahawks fans. I tell them they can say something once their new idiot coach gets them a superbowl ring. But I do like Mike Singletary's way of discipline. He leads by example.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Anquan Boldin - aging, broken, Breaston and Doucet should be more than capable of filling his production if they had a qb.

Dansby - The only hole they didn't address other than qb. Yes, losing him was huge, but it's not going to drop them out of contention alone. Porter plays a different position.

Rolle - Kerry Rhodes is just as capable as Rolle.

The point was that not having a quarterback (or Dansby I suppose) drops them from SB contenders to about the Niners level. It's not like the 49ers were close to them for the past few years, so losing what they lost makes the playing field a lot more even in the NFC West.

Plus, did you see the 49ers game? They are going to be lucky to sniff 500, let alone the division, if this keeps up.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

LOL

So the Seahawks fans can't talk up their team and brag about a week 1 domination of their opponent that the entire country was saying should win the West with ease?

And they can't talk them up because... they don't have a Super Bowl ring?

Yeah, I've seen your kind around football sites before. Usually don't last too long.

1 person likes this.
  20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm still on the Niners bandwagon, but they've got a few problems to work out...I think they will...