Who is the better QB? Manning or Brady?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by LebaneseFF, Jan 16, 2014.

?

Who is better? GIF Decides

Poll closed Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Peyton Manning

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Tom Brady

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Link

Let's vote ourselves and create the GIF poll for this. I will keep it open for 7 days so if you are a woos you can wait till the game is over on Sunday or you can just vote now.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Well obviously I have to vote for Brady. But I really don't like this question. Both guys are amazing. I respect and like Manning more than any other athlete not named Tom Brady. If the Patriots lose this weekend, I'll be pissed but the fact that Peyton is the QB would make it a little better.

3. groenator

groenator Rookie

Brady is great QB he cannot be compared with Manning.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

Right now its the cheater but if manning wins a super bowl this year he will move ahead.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

on talent alone,to me it is manning easily. Brady has been surrounded by better talent and better all around coaching than manning has. johnny unitas and peyton manning are the best two qbs i have ever see play the game.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

what better talent ?

Steve12 likes this.
  7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

offensive line,wrs,his coaching,better defense.always had a good running game.peyton did not get a good running game back until last year after having edgerin james all those years.after he left indy they had a decent running game at best.with the broncos he has a great running game back.I Don't like the pats a bit,but they have the best coach in the game now,and i'll give him credit for it. having the same coaches and the same head coach helps greatly.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Not really Peyton had edge and Harrison they aren't exactly chumps

I say Brady. He's got more hardware. And I know rings don't make ya better but when you have two players of this caliber you have to go to lowest common denominator. And that's championship rings.

Plus Peyton has pulled a choke or two every time he played agianst the pats. He'd throw a couple or three ints.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, and Brady has never choked in his life...

Lost an AFCCG after leading by 28
    Lost two super bowls as heavy favorite

They both have their share of choke jobs. Only Manning's make more noise for some reason. I've said it before: Brady's career was kind of backwards. Started off strong, winning championships, and has fallen short ever since.

10. Omen

Thing is Peyton has choked more against Brady. And Brady has made farther than Brady far more times than Peyton.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

huh ? brady has always had an awesome oline. he never had a harrison or wayne at wr. peyton had james at rb and others.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

were they all really chokes by brady or others on the pats ?

13. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I give a slight edge to Manning. Only because Brady has had the same coach from the beginning. Both Manning and Brady have had their share of killer talent around them. I just think continuity with the coaching staff goes a long way in professional football.

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The ´06 Championship was on Brady. He had time to march down the field and win the game at the end, and then went full Romo.

Maybe the Super Bowls are a different story. The whole team fell short.

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

The Super bowls were just the Giants dline destroying the Patriots oline. Plus a huge drop by Welker.

Brady had better weapons? That's so wrong dude. Manning had Wayne and Harrison, Dallas Clark, edge, all way better than anyone Brady had until gronk. And he had randy Moss for one year and went undefeated.

The only thing Brady had that manning didn't was a defense, and that hasn't been there since like 05.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Omen likes this.
  16. smeags

smeags militant geek

ok i couldnt remember what happened in that '06 afccg.

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Did'nt the pats Defense lose a 20-3 halftime league in that game?

18. Omen

Walnuts and Agent Zero like this.
  19. Agent Zero

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is not even close.

20. Agent Zero

But yet the defense always finds a way to take away the biggest weapon on the opposing offense. Big Bill is a mastermind when it comes to defense. Just because the numbers don't say it, Brady has always had a formidable defense.

This topic will be decided this weekend. I can't wait. Gonna be a great set of games.