Who is the better QB? Manning or Brady?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by LebaneseFF, Jan 16, 2014.

?

Who is better? GIF Decides

Poll closed Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Peyton Manning

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Tom Brady

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Then you made him explain, which removed all doubt from the assumption. d**k.

IMO Brady gets it for consistently doing more with less. Yes, at times he had better defenses, but it's not like he was ever Dilfer rding the Ravens, although he certainly wasn't asked to do relatively much early in his career. Obviously they are both amazing, all-time elite quarterbacks, but Ive always felt like if their positions were switched, we would have seen less out of the Pats and more out of the Colts, and IMO if Brady had ever had 4 proven probowl/allpro caliber receiving options (5 really counting Moreno) like Peyton has this year, good god we'd all be puking rainbows.

Steve12 likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

There never will be a true answer to this, but I feel if Peyton had Belichick as his coach for his entire career, he would have won multiple titles. No matter what happens tomorrow, I'm going to appreciate watching this two all-time great QBs going at it again.

Tarkus and Steve12 like this.
  3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That's the hard part about all these "best" evaluations. It boils down to just being, like, our opinion, man. There's no wrong answer, either, really. We're debating different degrees of perfection when it comes down to it, and there's an equally great case to be made for either. I prefer Brady but can't be mad at anyone for liking Manning. Unless we're talking about H2H record, that's just ridiculous, man, ridiculous.

It is going to be a fun game to watch. Go Pats!

So how about this. You're given a team of absolute nobodies in a 2 team league of the same, all like JC level players, no super-athletic or super size/measurabled standouts, just all around 100% your average decent but nothing special football players. Coaches too, evenly average across the board. You get to pick Manning or Brady to quarterback your team...who do you pick and why?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I pick Manning in @Walnuts' scenario. I feel like Manning not only has the talent to perform and lift the players around him (so does Brady,) but I feel like Manning is more cerebral than Tom and would be willing to help the guys around him strategically and mentally in addition to lifting them performance wise...if that makes sense. I really feel like the "cerebral" part of Brady comes in the form of Belichick...

Aussie61 likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I lean the way Ward does in Walnuts scenario. I think the Belichick factor is huge.

On a side note, Walnuts....why would you, as a 49ers fan, root for Brady? I would think if he won another SB title, many would hold him as a better QB than Montana. As a lover of Montana, I don't want Brady held above him personally.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like Brady, he's a local kid who grew up idolizing Joe, ifhe does win and people feel like he's reached or surpassed that level, it's okay with me. I'd disagree, but it's a matter of perspective. Brady's certainly one of the two greatest that this "generation" has seen, at the risk of sounding old as freak. Its understandable that he would be held in tbat regard.

But I'm really rooting for the Pats because we've already beaten the Broncos in the SB.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

No it won't! This topic will never be decided.People will argue back and forth for decades,there will never be a consensus that one was better than the other.But it will be a great set of games.

Steve12 likes this.
  9. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I'd take Manning..with an average coach he can still be great.With an average coach Brady can be good,but not great.That's my 2 cents worth.
    I'd still take Montana over both of them if there was 2:00 on the clock and I needed a TD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Oohh goody! Can I get fries with that !

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Apparently, Walnuts can't follow instructions and Aussie can't read.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I thought that steve young was better than montanna anyways. Regardless of what happens today,i'd take manning over brady.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Mmmmm taste that delicious irony.

14. DawkinsINT

I guess today solidified that Peyton is better than Tom. Right?

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think a super bowl win would solidify his overall legacy. If he wins another and Brady doesn't, I think the overall feeling would swing towards manning. If manning loses the Super bowl I think it's business as usual.

16. DawkinsINT

I was joking, Steve. No way to say who is better.

Steve12 likes this.
  17. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea I figured. I was kinda just taking the opportunity to think out loud.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. H2H, Brady still leads. 10-5.

Steve12 likes this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

H2H in AFC Championship Games - Manning 2, Brady 1.

20. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I only watched the first 3 quarters yesterday and it was clear Manning was superior last night.