Who Is The Bigger NFL Drama Queen? Brett Favre Or Donovan McNabb?

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by SRW, May 26, 2007.

?

Who is the bigger NFL Drama Queen?

1. Donovan McNabb

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Brett Favre

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Who is the bigger NFL Drama Queen? Brett Favre or Donovan McNabb? Go!

[​IMG]
    WCT6 - There is no doubt that the biggest drama queen in the NFL, if not all of pro sports, is one Brett Favre. First of all, he goes through this charade every year of maybe Ill retiremaybe Ill come backno, wait, now I want to retire and that act is just getting old. Each of the last two years he has taken the focus and media attention of the last half of each season off of his mediocre play and turned it into the Brett Favre farewell tour, getting standing ovations and hugs and well wishes from everyone as they think this could be their last glimpse of #4. Except he never goes anywhere! And is there a player in sports who has more media members apologizing for his erratic and at times bizarre in-game decision-making? Every time he throws an interception, whatever broadcaster is doing the game spends the next five minutes talking about how much he admires Favres moxie and gunslinger mentality for trying to thread the needle. God forbid anyone criticize the great Brett Favre.

Not only that, but Favre interjects in player personnel movements as if he were the GM. Two years ago he blasted Javon Walker for threatening to hold out, inserting himself into another players contract negotiations. This year, he undermined his teams ability to trade for Randy Moss this past April by proclaiming he was certain that Moss would be a Green Bay Packer. Then when trade talks broke down (as expected when the diva/QB opens his yap and removes all leverage) and Moss ended up in New England, Favre (reportedly) asked for a trade.

At every Favre press conference, he speaks about the end of his football career as if he has some sort of terminal illness. He is lauded when the team wins, but never blamed when the team loses. He, along with everyone around the league, acts as though the Packer organization owes it to him to continue to bring him back every year, even though it goobers the development and rebuilding efforts of the team (do the Packers owe Favre more than the 49ers owed Joe Montana? Or Jerry Rice?). I dont know about you, but I am tired of this.

[​IMG]

Mickey Free - Well said sir, but you are completely wrong. No one is coddled and treated with kid gloves more than Donovan F. McNabb. First, all of Philly subconsciously feels like they owe him after booing him loudly when he was drafted. As a result, he is rarely criticized. Secondly, Jeff Garcia comes in after McNabb was lost to injury, AGAIN, and most of the sports world had left the Eagles for dead. All Garcia did was take Philly to the second round of the playoffs, and what was the main story? How Donovan (and Mama McNabb) may or may not have been cheering against the Eagles to avoid a quarterback controversy. And what kind of thanks did the Eagles give the leagues best back-up QB? Garcia was not offered a fair contract and compelled to walk after the season.

Now, the latest catastrophe: the Eagles *GASP* drafted a quarterback this year! God forbid a team prepare for its future and also protect itself against a lost season when its fragile 30 year-old quarterback has his next inevitable season-ending injury.

And what is with the constant sit-downs with Andy Reid? Why does he have to discuss his role on the team every 3 days? Why is so much made of the relationship between the two of them? Jeff Garcia leads the team to the playoffs, McNabb and Reid sit down to discuss Donovans role within the team. The Eagles draft a quarterback (from Houston of all placesin the fourth round for crying out loud), McNabb and Reid sit down to discuss Donovans role within the team. Is Donovan Reids QB or his GF?
    Even the damn Governor of Pennsylvania came out and condemned the Eagles drafting of Kevin Kolb this year. All in an effort to stroke the fragile ego of uber-diva, Donovan McNabb.

I found this while surfing and just had to share. Enjoy Favre and McNabb haters!

2. Oh no...the "drama queen" is Donovan. Difference being - Favre cant make up his mind (like a woman). Donovan is more like a whiny little beyotch.

3. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I think it's Donovan. He seems to be more of a whiner than Brett.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

McScabs family doesn't help his image any either..Mom and Pop McScab need to butt out..

5. SRW

Man this is a tough call......but as much as I disrespect McScabb I have to go with Favre. This self-centered bumpkin has been holding back the entire franchise by not doing the right thing and walking away. He's forced them to try to put stopgaps all over the roster instead of completely rehauling. Then each year for the past three it's been the Brett Favre watch....will he, or won't he? At this point....heck off already.

6. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

definitely Favre. No question.

7. happ

happ PECAVI

McNabb...."waaahhh, Coach Reid, make T.O. say he's sorry, waaaah!!!"

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I gotta say Favre on this one even though McNabb isn't far behind. Every year for the last few years, Favre plays it out as if he can't make up his mind on wheather he's coming back when everyone knows he is and the media makes a huge deal of it. Brett plays the media like a fool until he announces he's coming back for his 437th season.

9. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

OK...someone needs to break the tie! :p

10. SRW

I was just thinking the same thing. We need a winner!

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Broken.

I'm choosing McNabb. Babyes a lot and is injured all the time. His chunky soup commercials and his mom bug the crap out of me.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Tied again, Farve takes it for me, trying to constantly direct the front office into doing what he wants, and doing it publicly in the papers and television rather than being classy and handling his buisness behind closed doors and person to person. Threatening to retire if he doesn't get what he wants, which in actuality would be the best thing he could do for the franchise.

13. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

I have to say Mcnabb aka: McChoke aka; Not going to get a contract extension passed the 2010 season.... Waaahhhh waaaaah im a whinny snitch its all T.O's fault ..............

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

favre ,mcnabb doesent even snitch about anything. The whole TO thing was not his fault mcnabb said they dont need TO to win and TO got all butt hurt. Plus the whole money situation with TO he dident back him up and TO was mad at that. Name a situation where donovan mcnabb was a drama queen without using the TO excuse cause TO was the drama queen there. When he got benched he dident say a thing he just went out and shut the critics up. People just love to hate on donovan. Is he complaining now about his contract situation no. Please name the last time he snitched about something.

brett favre is the king of drama he cried during a retirment speech and came back twice this isnt even close

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

16. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Holy Old Thread Pac-Man!

mutha-#@&*$a.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Damn it dident know it was old lol

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In 2007 I voted McNabb...2 years later......I just don't know anymore :icon_confused:

20. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Not even CLOSE. Favre.