Willie Young Regrets Taunting Patriots QB Tom Brady In Lions' Rout

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Aug 24, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Detroit Lions illustrated the positives and negatives of a defense playing on edge in Thursday night's 40-9 thumping of the New England Patriots.

The most poignant incident from the Lions' out-of-control side occurred when defensive end Willie Young received a personal-foul penalty for taunting Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Young grabbed Brady after an incomplete pass and stuck his finger in his face.

Young acknowledged Saturday that his mistake led to his benching by Lions coach Jim Schwartz, but he wouldn't go as far as to reveal what was said during the exchange.

"I just can't do things to hurt the team," Young said, per MLive.com. "And right now, I'm moving on to Buffalo (in the preseason finale). What I said stays between the lines."

Young said he met Brady on the field after the game but declined to divulge what he told the quarterback.

"Tom Brady, got much respect for him," Young said. "Go ask Brady what I said."

Source: NFL.com

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Was probably something like "You lucky your boy held me. I was about to knock you on your ass"

3. SRW

Stupid penalty by Willie Young who showed total immaturity out there. I know if I am a coach I am second guessing if he can make the right decisions on the field after that.

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Certainly makes sense SRW. Too bad Detroit doesn't have you as the coach

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'm sure it's too late for that, Willie...

[​IMG]

6. SRW

Too bad the regular season contest won't happen for 3 years since they played last Thanksgiving.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Just another dumbass lions player. Very undisciplined team.