Winless Dolphins Looking To Climb Out Of Hole

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Harvs01, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Looking to avoid the dark depths of an 0-3 hole, the Miami Dolphins are trying to regroup following a Monday night loss to the Indianapolis Colts.. "Quite honestly, this team got better in a lot of areas the other night,' Dolphins coach Tony Sparano told reporters. "All you have to do is look at the numbers and look at from Week 1 to Week 2. All I hear about in Week 1 was the offensive line. Well damn, the offensive line played pretty well the other night. You don't get to 240 yards rushing by accident in this league, just doesn't happen.' As noted by the Miami Herald, though, an 0-3 start is not the road to the playoffs. Over the past dozen years, only three teams have ever made it to the postseason after beginning the season in such a fashion. "We could give up 400 yards each game, but if we're 2-0, we're not talking about how badly the defense played,' Dolphins linebacker Joe Porter said. "You lose, everything has to be magnified. I've been in this game long enough to understand that clearly. And right now, the magnifying glass is out. We're 0-2, that's what you're going to get.'

Source: National Football Post

2. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

I think the Dolphins running game is going to eat up the Chargers. I smell a Dolphins win this week.

3. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

the dolphins running game will be going up against an injured chargers dline, so there's no reason they shouldn't be able to pound the ball. it's all about how their defense handles rivers