Work Being Done On The Site

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Oct 10, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sorry I have not been on much to explain what is going on behind the scenes here at GridironFans.com. Members will notice tonight that some "extra" features have been disabled. I am working on making this a temporary setback for those features. However, some of these features that have been disabled might not return due to being incompatible with the latest version of vBulletin 3.8 and due to some modifications not being supported anymore by their authors. I am by no means a coder and will soon be calling on a professional to check it out behind the scenes. Any donations to help pay for this pro to come are welcome and greatly appreciated. Once we get past this hurdle and get back up to speed we'll be focusing on improving the site as much as we can. Who knows? Maybe vBulletin isn't the future after all.

2. Hellhound

Hellhound ~Kentucky Devil~

I like the skin!!

3. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Can't access any subforums, and can only access threads if they are visible from the main page, i.e. if I click on gridironfans support, i get a database error, sec talk, a database error, etc, etc. Can't get any of the "buttons" (bold, italic, underline, etc) to work.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I disabled the Global announcement modification since it's incompatible with the latest version of vBulletin 3.8. You should be able to enter forums or sub-forums via the index without the database errors dublin mike got. Please let me know if anyone has any more issues with that particular problem.

I am looking to see what I can do for the editor problem with the font controls.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

haven't been on in a few days but i just wanted to say that i like the changes so far. good work peeps.