WR Dez Bryant Says "I'll Be Mad" If Texas A&M QB Johnn Manziel Isn't Suspended

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The NCAA's investigation of Johnny Manziel brings up bad memories and bitter feelings for Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, who was suspended for the final 10 games of his college career, Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas reports.

Bryant has mixed emotions while he closely monitors coverage of Manziel's situation after allegations that the Texas A&M star violated NCAA rules by being paid to sign autographs. While Bryant wants to watch Manziel play this season, he said the NCAA's hypocrisy would bother him if the reigning Heisman Trophy winner isn't suspended.

"Hell, yeah, I'll be mad. I'll be mad," said Bryant, who was a Heisman candidate in 2009 before being suspended for lying to an NCAA investigator about a lunch with former NFL star Deion Sanders that didn't violate any NCAA rules. "But I don't want him to get suspended. I would be mad more at the NCAA for how they do things.

"I just feel like it's not fair. This is something I have no problem talking about because I feel like somebody needs to say something to them and let it be known how they treat people is not right."

Source: The Redzone

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Honestly i would be too if i were dez. Since im not though i dont really give a crap either way

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

considering he lost his ncaa eligibility for lying about deion sanders buying him lunch,i don't blame him,i'd be pissed too. manzel,like scam newton,will beat this rap when it is clear he got paid for signing him name 4400 times at card shows all over the usa.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I have a feeling that Dez is going to get mad in the near future. The NCAA and justice are not synonymous.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I honestly don't see what the big deal is if a college athlete gets paid for signing autographs but it is against NCAA rules. I do understand where Dez Bryant is coming from though.