Wrestlemania 29

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Draf-5Dxu0M]Fandango On The "Opie & Anthony Show" On SiriusXM - YouTube[/ame]

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm going to watch a few of the matches, not the whole event.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrsbvT6C46E]WWE WrestleMania 29 - Full Match Card [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

4. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Results:

Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns defeated Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Big Show via Pin

Mark Henry defeated Ryback via pin

Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (with AJ Lee) via pin to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship

Fandango defeated Chris Jericho via pin

Alberto Del Rio (c) defeated Jack Swagger via Submission to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

The Undertaker defeated CM Punk via pin

Triple H defeated Brock Lesnar via pin in a No Holds Barred match

John Cena defeated The Rock (c) for the WWE Championship

5. SRW

4/7 Powell's WWE WrestleMania 29 results and review: The Rock vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship, Triple H puts his career on the line vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match, Undertaker vs. C.M. Punk, Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    4/7 Shore's WWE WrestleMania 29 results and review: The Rock vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship, Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match with Hunter's career on the line, Undertaker vs. C.M. Punk
    Mr. Tito's PHAT Wrestlemania 29 Review, Match Ratings, and Grade
    ‘Wrestlemania 29’ review by The Gos â€Â¢ Letterboxd
    http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/279806/Tremendous-Tirades-4.07.13:-WrestleMania-29.htm
    I think it has to be said.....in the top 5 worst Wrestlemanias? Wow this show was stale outside of a couple matches. You had mediocre matches, no surprises, no mitb cash in....it was totally vanilla.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sounds like the UFC.

7. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

If not for Taker/Punk this would have been possibly the worst ever.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I still assert that Wrestlemania 27 is still the worst WM of recent years. Last night was predictable, dull at times and aside from Taker/Punk seemed like a standard PPV with an elaborate set, but didn't have the offensively bad moments that 27 did, such as raping Hornswoggle, Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler and that main event.

Last night was just indicative of the position WWE is in, that there is no legitimate competitors to drive them into deviating from the standard formula.

9. SRW

That was the biggest problem....outside of the set and Taker vs Punk, it didn't feel like Wrestlemania. It felt like another RAW. I would have been pissed if I was watching this live in the stadium. Also, for a New York crowd they sure were dead most of the night. Can you blame them though? There wasn't much to be excited about.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

it doesnt help knowing the outcome of all three of the mainevents

while the taker punk match was great all around it should have gone on last
    hhh and cena were bound to win and since there was no surprises or interference it just left the crowd wanting more

i dont think the show was horrible but it wasnt great either
    its just like wm 29 was like wm 28 2.0

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Yahoo Sports is reporting that HHH suffered second degree burns to his arms and torso during his entrance at WM 29 last Sunday. When he walked out, dry ice was being used to create a smoky effect during his introduction. Some of the dry ice stuck to his torso and arms causing the burns. However, he wrestled just like nothing had happened.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Freaking Ouch!!

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

thats one tough sob

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Triple H used all his burying experience to do the same to second-degree burns. HE'S FREAKING GOING OVER!

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Did anyone see the item yesterday that The Rock had emergency hernia surgery to repair three tears he suffered while wrestling John Cena at WM29? The surgery was a success. No word as to how long he will be out of action.

17. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

WM apparantly grossed 72 million dollars(~800 per person) Successful event money wise but i thought it was a terrible event but they made out like bandits

18. SRW

It felt like a throwaway Wrestlemania. The IC title swap cheapened the title even more, the dead crowd during Lesnar/HHH, the anti-climatic end to Rock vs Cena, no cash in by Ziggler at WM....it felt like a 4 hour RAW with a souped up setup in the stadium.