WWE And NFL Teaming Up?

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, May 22, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

It was reported earlier today on leading Wrestling news website PWInsiderelite.com that WWE has sent legendary announcer Jim Ross to the NFL in Washington DC to meet The NFL Players Association officials the reason is interesting. It wants to team up with the NFL to give players who don’t make the NFL grade a chance. I’m sure that some people will see this as a joke and ask what is the NFL thinking to even consider this but at the end of the day it could the start of a great partnership! Wrestling has a long history of former college and professional football players having success. Names like Bill Goldberg who without pro wrestling would be famous as the first ever player cut by the Carolina Panthers. Ron Simmons the first ever Black World wrestling champion who was inducted into the College football hall of fame. The legendary Dr Death Steve Williams who played for Bob Stoops Oklahoma as well as the man who forced him to change his real life name to something some guy called Steve Austin who was a running back at North Texas. There have been NFL hall of famers who have stepped into the squared circle. Reggie White faced off with Steve McMichael in a match that would lead to Mango being apart of the famous wrestling group the 4 horseman (Without question a low point of the groups history) The man who was named the third best player in NFL history and the only man to be NFL MVP on the defensive side of the ball Lawrence Taylor competed at the biggest show on the wrestling year Wrestlemania in a match that was much better than expected. Taylor was exactly quoted as saying to people who said this was a joke then his whole NFL career was a joke. Hell Kevin Greene who regularly competed in WCW actually had a non-wrestling clause put into his contract to stop him doing it because as much as people want to say it’s fake the injures are real. So do I think this will lead to a rush of guys wanting to be in wrestling? I don’t know but at the end of day if one guy gets some success from it then it will be worth it.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

XFL making a comeback. This is the beginning.

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

more like NFL outcasts finding their way into WWE developmental, but ok

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I like both but them together no thank you

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Two-way contracts?