Yankees Says SS Derek Jeter Likely To Start Season On DL

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

It is all but a certainty that for the first time in 12 years, the New York Yankees will open a season without Derek Jeter at shortstop.

Jeter came up too sore to play in a minor league game Sunday morning, a day after having taken four at-bats as the designated hitter in a Triple-A game and running at half-speed to first base. In the words of general manager Brian Cashman, "The reality is beginning to set in."

"I don't anticipate him starting the season on the [roster]," Cashman said. "I can read his face, and his face today tells me the reality is starting to sink in that this disabled list situation might be necessary."

The Yankees have been preparing for this since Tuesday, when Jeter was scratched from the lineup at the last minute after experiencing stiffness and soreness in his left ankle, which was fractured in a playoff game last October and surgically repaired with screws and a metal plate.

Source: ESPN New York

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

hate to hear this cause jeter is one of the two yankess I like. hope he heals fast and is back on the field soon.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wonder what the Yankees did to piss off the baseball gods? Jeter, Tex, A-Rod all injured.

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'm a Cubs fan but don't like to see players like Jeter not playing know what I mean? Tough break for him. The Yankees though? They suck!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

While I make it no secret that I don't like the Yankees, I don't like to see anyone injured. I don't care who he plays for.