Your favorite and most hated football analysts?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chrisbob, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Which writers, commentators and talking heads do you like or dislike?

Like: Rod Woodson, always like what this guy has to say when I see clips from NFL Network on NFL.com.

More to come...

2. Re: Your favourite and most hated football analyists?

Here's who I like: Al Michaels. One of the few guys who is competent in any sport that he broadcast. Does his homework obviously before the telecast. John Madden. How can you NOT like him? He's obviously football-smart and entertaining.

Who I do not like: Bryant Gumbel. I guess he is a sports guy. Hell to some degree so am I. There has to be a suit at NFL NETWORK saying, "DOH" after signing him up. His broadcasting skills, to put it nicely, "SUCK"; even that smug (granted he knows his football but still...) SOB Cris Collinsworth can't save Gumbel. Hey Bryant, take some courses from your brother over at CBS Sports. I also do not like Joe Buck. He's a prime example of getting where he is because of his last name. He needs to channel his late father Jack and learn some humility. Now Joe do us all a favor and go back to broadcasting MLB games.

3. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I like Berman because he's a niners homer. :D

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I like Berman too. I miss him in NFL PrimeTime (Of course, when those heckers from ESPNdeportes decided to show it :roll:).

I don't know if I like others...but the only one I can't stand is Bryant Gumble from NFL Network..."Hand-off to Jones......tackled by Kerney....a gain of 2 or maybe 3 yards......make it 4......second down....." AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The best one to listen to is Ron Jaworski. I love his breakdowns.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He WAS...dude has been ignoring them since they started to lose on a consistant basis...flamer

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He WAS...dude has been ignoring them since they started to lose on a consistant basis...flamer

See Fez's comment and insert Jaworski for Berman and the Eagles for Niners... :lol:

8. DawkinsINT

:lol:

Jaws has picked against the Eagles many times. My whole point was that he breaks down plays better than anyone else in the NFL media world. I love that crap.

9. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Cecil Martin & Nick Halling Perfect for 6 hours on a Sunday in the UK. Shaun Gayle is also good.

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Best: Ron Jaworski, ESPN

Ron always is on point with his analysis and doesn't feel the need to deliver his point across with some lame shtick like most of the other talking heads on ESPN. It's too bad they stick Jaws with that meathead Merrill Hoge on NFL Matchup.

Worst Bryant Gumbel, NFL Network

You know...I was so close to putting Sean Salisbury here...I guess he won out somehow and Gumbel gets the bottom nod. Gumbel just isn't a NFL play-by-play man and it was painful to listen to him stumble over player names, football terms and more this year. Hopefully the NFL Network realizes how bad he was and don't bother to bring him back.

11. DawkinsINT

Doesn't it seem like Bryant would rather be doing political stuff over the NFL? He's never struck me as a true fan of the game.

12. SRW

Exactly....stick to HBO and your commentary exposing the evils of sports. Stay away from play by play. One Gumbel is more than enough.

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Re: Your favourite and most hated football analyists?

I don't know much about the talking heads but as for the writers, my favorite is Gregg Easterbrook. No brainer. His style is so different than the Peter Kings and other Dr Zs.

14. SRW

Ok....a close second for me has to be Joe Buck. Actually almost everyone over at FOX sucks at play by play with the exception of twinky Stockton.