- Top 10 Running Backs in the 2013 Fantasy Football Draft
- Dynasty Fantasy Football: Rookie-Only Draft, Round Two
- Dynasty Fantasy Football: Top Five Rookie Tight Ends
- Top 10 Most Reliable Fantasy Football Producers
- Fantasy Football 2013: Two-Round Mock Draft
- Dynasty Fantasy Football : Top 5 Rookie Wide Receivers
Week 13 RB Fantasy Football Rankings
As I write the Week 13 RB Fantasy Football Rankings piece for this week, it was much harder than usual to rank the guys past No. 10 this week. With so many question marks surrounding matchups, many players like Marshawn Lynch and BenJarvus Green-Ellis are going to have to rely heavily on their talents to get through a rough patch this week. But it isn’t all gloom-and-doom for most. There is one guy in particular who may have had his coming out party in Week 12.
The Falcons Must Give Jacquizz Rodgers The Ball Going Forward
Some will say Michael Turner’s 17 rushing yards can be attributed to the fact that the Falcons were going up against one of the top, if not the top, rushing defenses in the league in the Buccaneers. Even though he scored his 6th touchdown of the year Sunday, it’s very clear to myself and many others that the Falcons aren’t going to get deep into the playoffs, like so many other years, if they can’t establish a run game early. They did try their best in Week 12. But after it was obvious they were getting nowhere with Turner, they handed the reigns over to Rodgers and he was finally able to break out of his backup status. His 10 rushing attempts were the most since Week 3 and his 49 rushing yards were the most since Week 8. Not to mention he final broke the goal line for his first rushing touchdown of the year. Could this be a sign of things to come? That I don’t know. His 80 yard output in Week 8 against the Eagles had me duped into thinking the Falcons finally came to their senses, but he came back down in Week 9 against Dallas with 3 runs for 0 yards. Still, the team has to get Rodgers more involved. I think we may have seen a sign of that this past week. According to the Falcons’ official website, Rodgers played 31-of-60 snaps compared to Turner’s 23. So while Rodgers will never steal the starting job away from Turner, it’s clear he is slowly starting to cut into his snap count. And I’m hoping the coaching staff hasn’t forgotten the dreadful performance Turner put up in the first game against the Saints. As you’ll see by my rankings, I’m banking on Rodgers getting more and more work getting forward.
Also, make sure to check the rankings again between now and Friday to see if anyone has moved up or down due to latest news and injuries.
Raiders RB Darren McFadden was noncommittal regarding his status against the Browns. If he doesn’t play, bump Marcel Reece up. Even if he DOES play, it sounds like McFadden won’t have as big a role as initially thought. He drops a few notches.
DeMarco Murray has made strides in practice all week and appears very close to playing against the Eagles Sunday night. If so, he would be a low-end RB2, with Felix Jones getting knocked out of the rankings completely.
RANK PLAYER TEAM OPPONENT NOTES
1. Arian Foster Houston @ Tennessee I can't think of any reason to not rank Foster any lower.
2. Trent Richardson Cleveland @ Oakland 3. Adrian Peterson Minnesota @ Green Bay 4. Doug Martin Tampa Bay @ Denver 5. Jamaal Charles Kansas City vs. Carolina If the Panthers can make Bryce Brown look like a star, Charles should be in for a big day.
6. CJ Spiller Buffalo vs. Jacksonville Even with Fred Jackson back, Spiller will continue to be the lead back.
7. Ray RIce Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh 8. Frank Gore San Francisco @ St. Louis 9. Alfred Morris Washington vs. New York Giants 10. Chris Johnson Tennessee vs. Houston Had his comeback game against the Texans, but can he do it again?
11. Marshawn Lynch Seattle @ Chicago Hopefully last week's outing was just a fluke.
12. Stevan Ridley New England @ Miami 13. Ahmad Bradshaw New York Giants @ Washington It's a catch 22. Bradshaw will now be the head honcho with Andre Brown gone, but how much will his feet be able to handle the workload?
14. Ryan Mathews San Diego vs. Cincinnati 15. Steven Jackson St. Louis vs. San Francisco Tough matchup, but Jackson broke out of his early-year slump against the Niners in the first meeting.
16. Mikel Leshoure Detroit vs. Indianapolis 17. Bryce Brown Philadelphia @ Dallas After more researching, I pushed Brown's value up sky high. He WAS the Eagles offense against the Panthers. And with LeSean McCoy not even close to returning, Brown has another chance to prove himself a capable fantasy option, although he already is.
18. Matt Forte Chicago vs. Seattle Sounds like Forte will be good to go this week, but the matchup is really rough for an RB1 ranking.
19. Reggie Bush Miami vs. New England 20. BenJarvus Green-Ellis Cincinnati @ San Diego The yards won't come as easy for BGE this week.
21. Knowshon Moreno Denver vs. Tampa Bay Went from a healthy scratch to a starter in one week. Matchup is a tough one, so Moreno has to prove he can keep Ronnie Hillman on the bench.
22. Beanie Wells Arizona @ New York Jets 23. Darren McFadden Oakland vs. Cleveland Is expected to play this week coming off a high-ankle sprain, but I don't see him getting the full workload with Marcel Reece earning a bigger role.
24. Felix Jones Dallas vs. Philadelphia
25. Darren Sproles New Orleans @ Atlanta Only valuable in PPR leagues.
26. DeAngelo Williams Carolina @ Kansas City With the recent news that Jonathan Stewart has a high ankle sprain, Williams gets the nod and is a decent flex option in a good matchup on paper.
27. Rashad Jennings Jacksonville @ Buffalo 28. Jacquizz Rodgers Atlanta vs. New Orleans
You aren't reading this wrong. If the Falcons want to make it deep into the playoffs this year, they HAVE to get Quizz more involved.
29. Vick Ballard Indianapolis @ Detroit 30. Michael Turner Atlanta vs. New Orleans For as good as the matchup is, Turner was shut down in the first meeting. Only cheap touchdowns can save his fantasy value.
31. Fred Jackson Buffalo vs. Jacksonville 32. Shonn Greene New York Jets vs. Arizona 33. Marcel Reece Oakland vs. Cleveland Considering how well he played as the starter, he deserves the rock, but his value is limited with DMC coming back.
34. James Starks Green Bay vs. Minnesota 35. Jonathan Dwyer Pittsburgh @ Baltimore The entire Pittsburgh offense is struggling without Big Ben. I wouldn't even look at this backfield if I didn't have to.
36. Daniel Thomas Miami vs. New England 37. Bilal Powell New York Jets vs. Arizona A desperation flex, but he is getting more work
38. Donald Brown Indianapolis @ Detroit 39. Alex Green Green Bay vs. Minnesota 40. Davis Wilson New York Giants @ Washington