Week 17 RB Fantasy Football Rankings
Unlike past years, the Week 17 RB Fantasy Football Rankings should have most to all running backs playing this week with so much at stake. As of now, the Falcons are the only team to have clinched home-field advantage. So this is great news for Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch owners. It looks like the Falcons will have all their starters starting the game, but that could change if the Falcons are up by a ridiculous amount of points against the Buccaneers. And for how bad the Bucs have been playing the past few weeks, that scenario could easily happen. For now, proceed with caution if you have guys like Matt Ryan and Julio Jones because they could be benched in the second half.
For this week’s fantasy football rankings, I won’t go into a long intro like I usually do. With the affects of Christmas ham and eggnog still coursing through my veins, I would rather get right to the rankings. All I know is that Arian Foster’s ticker really picked a bad time to go irregular. Playing in the league championship, it’s easy for owners to bash the player, no matter what the circumstance. But I can’t blame Foster on this one, even if he did only get me 3 points. Luckily, the Texans blew the opportunity to seal up home-field advantage last week against the Vikings, which means Foster and Houston have plenty to play for in the last week of the season.
Also, make sure to check the rankings again between now and Friday to see if anyone has moved up or down due to latest news and injuries.
RANK PLAYER TEAM OPPONENT NOTES
1. Adrian Peterson Minnesota @ Green Bay May not break Eric Dickerson's record, but he sure will come close this week.
2. Arian Foster Houston vs. Indianapolis Foster says he will play. And with the Texans vying for a bye, they will need him as much as possible.
3. Marshawn Lynch Seattle vs. St. Louis 4. C.J. Spiller Buffalo vs. New York Jets 5. Alfred Morris Washington vs. Dallas 6. Ray Rice Baltimore @ Cincinnati 7. Knowshon Moreno Denver vs. Kansas City 8. Doug Martin Tampa Bay @ Atlanta Martin could easily be ranked higher if key pieces of Atlanta's Defense are benched.
9. DeMarco Murray Dallas @ Washington 10. Chris Johnson Tennessee vs. Jacksonville 11. LeSean McCoy Philadelphia @ New York Giants So much for a limited workload for McCoy.
12. Frank Gore San Francisco vs. Arizona 13. Jamaal Charles Kansas City @ Denver It's feast or famine with Charles. He'll put up 200+ one week, then 80 yards the next.
14. Reggie Bush Miami @ New England 15. Matt Forte Chicago @ Detroit 16. Stevan Ridley New England vs. Miami 17. Darren McFadden Oakland @ San Diego 18. BenJarvus Green-Ellis Cincinnati vs. Baltimore Should find the running lanes easier to come by this week.
19. Shonn Greene New York Jets @ Buffalo 20. Darren Sproles New Orleans vs. Carolina 21. Ahmad Bradshaw New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Really tricky option. The Giants have a very outside chance at the playoffs, but Bradshaw is a very iffy fantasy play this week.
22. DeAngelo Williams Carolina @ New Orleans If Jonathan Stewart returns this week, forget about Williams. He came up with a dud last week.
23. Steven Jackson St. Louis @ Seattle 24. Trent Richardson Cleveland @ Pittsburgh With how good the Steelers' run defense is, I might even avoid T-Rich this week. Chance Monterio Hardesty could get the nod.
25. Mikel Leshoure Detroit vs. Chicago 26. Mark Ingram New Orleans vs. Carolina 27. Vick Ballard Indianapolis vs. Houston 28. Montell Owens Jacksonville @ Tennessee 29. Ryan Grant Green Bay @ Minnesota 30. Jonathan Dwyer Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland 31. Jackie Battle San Diego vs. Oakland 32. Jacquizz Rodgers Atlanta vs. Tampa Bay His status for this week really depends on how much time Michael Turner will see.
33. Joique Bell Detroit vs. Chicago 34. Bilal Powell New York Jets @ Buffalo 35. David Wilson New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Ahmad Bradshaw makes Wilson's value very cloudy.
36. Danny Woodhead New England vs. Miami 37. Rashard Mendenhall Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland 38. Beanie Wells Arizona @ San Francisco 39. DuJuan Harris Green Bay @ Minnesota Could be this week's deep sleeper option.
40. Ronnie Brown San Diego vs. Oakland