El returno de Ocho?
Santonio Holmes, PIT ~ This is the season the team expects Holmes to take strides in becoming the team's #1 guy. Hines Ward is another season older, and it's time for Holmes to take over. Current ADP 76.6, 7th round.
- Santana Moss, WAS ~ Moss is not a flashy or feel good pick, yet he always seems to be relatively fantasy productive as a number three WR. Current ADP 77.7, 7th round.
- Kevin Walter, HOU ~ Walter seems to fall off most people's radar. He's not a big flashy name, but he was quietly the 23rd best receiver last season. Outscoring a few of the guys listed above him. Current ADP 93.9, 8th round.
- Donnie Avery, STL ~ He is almost back from his camp injury and should be ready for game one. He drops down only because he has to catch up with the team after missing preseason. He is the Rams top receiver and should have a solid campaign. Current ADP 129.4, 11th round.
- Chris Henry, CIN ~ Henry has been on fire this preseason, and looks to have a breakout campaign. I'd label him a sleeper, but he's not going unnoticed by most savvy owners. Still he could be a solid value pick. Current ADP 172, 13th round.
- Steve Breaston, ARI ~ Arizona's third WR put up fantasy numbers that would have made him a low end WR1, or high end WR2 on other teams. Again the Warner hip worries me, but Breaston produces. He's got more value in leagues awarding return points. Current ADP 109.6, 10th round.
- Donald Driver, GBP ~ Is this guy still playing? Yes, and he's still producing. Rodgers was a top 5 QB in 2008 and Jennings and Driver were his go to guys. Current ADP 91.5, 8th round.
- Devin Hester, CHI ~ Hester's value took a steep rise with Cutler's trade to the windy city. It is now up to Hester to capitalize on this windfall. So far he's struggles to find his niche as the team's prime receiver. Current ADP 102, 9th round.
- Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ ~ Cotch is now the team's top receiver, unless of course the Jets trade for Brandon Marshall. He should see good fantasy production especially if rookie Mark Sanchez gets the nod at QB. Current ADP 95.6, 8th round.
- Laveranues Coles, CIN ~ He's Cincy's WR2, but expect Ocho and Henry to be more valuable. Coles will see a lot of short passes through the middle and open deep routes for the other two. Current ADP 106, 9th round.
- Torry Holt, JAX ~ Holt leaves his longtime home in St. Louis for a last hurrah in Florida. Some would argue that QB Marc Bulger suits Holt better, but I think David Garrard will surprise both Holt and fantasy owners, giving Holt a quasi-respectable fantasy season. Current ADP 102.6, round 9.
- Ted Ginn, Jr, MIA ~ The team's number one receiver. Expect another year of growth. Current ADP 115.7, 10th round.
- Percy Harvin, CHI ~ Percy could be a steal this late. He has mad wheels, and Favre in the pocket. This could be a recipe for a breakout rookie season. Current ADP 116.6, 10th round.
- Domenik Hixon, NYG ~ With Plaxico Burress out of the picture, no one is quite sure which receiver will step up to fill that void, but Hixon has shown flashes of that type of big play ability. Current ADP 123, round 11.
- Patrick Crayton, DAL ~ The Cowboy's #2 is primed for a big season, and has no had return duties added to his list for leagues that count them. His value should be higher than this ranking by mid-season. Current ADP 132, 11th round.
- Michael who?
Josh Morgan, SFO ~ With rookie Michael Crabtree's primadonna holdout, Morgan is the top WR in SF. Even if Crabtree eventually signs, Morgan is the better fantasy play in 2009. Current ADP 125, round 11.
- Derrick Mason, BAL ~ Mason un-retired, and good thing for the Ravens because they really have no other receiving threats. He'd be ranked higher, but the team is definitely run first. Current ADP 112, round 10.
- Jerry Maclin, PHI ~ Rookie wide receivers seldom have big seasons, but Maclin could surprise in that Eagles offense. Current ADP 146, 13th round.
- Lance Moore, NOS ~ Moore led Saints receivers last season with Colston hurt, but Brees likes to spread the ball around, and with a healthy Colston and the emergence of Robert Meachem, I expect more to regress. Curnnet ADP 105, 9th round.
- Steve Smith, NYG ~ See Hixon above. Current ADP 157.3, 14th round.
- Nate Burleson, SEA ~ Housh won't be the only receiver on Hassleback's radar this year, and Nate has shown a penchant for producing fantasy gold. Current ADP 156.6,14th round.
- Nate Washington, TEN ~ The team brought him in to be their go to guy. So he should get lots of opportunity. How he handles it remains to be seen. Current ADP 151, 13th round.
- Earl Bennett, CHI ~ Hester is the man in Chicago, but Bennett could be the surprise fantasy star. His connection with QB Cutler from their Vanderbilt days may pay fantasy dividends. Current ADP 157.6, 14th round.
- Mushin Muhammad, CAR ~ He's quietly productive every season, and makes a great 4th/5th WR. Current ADP 142, 12th round.
Updated from July 15, 2009 rankings.