Last week we thought that the Cleveland Browns would lay the wood on Carolina. Every fantasy football website had the Browns dialed up as "this weeks #1 Defense". We all know how that turned out, they didn't do bad, but it wasn't the ground breaking performance that we all anticipated. The truth is, when it comes to defenses, they show up and play under two circumstances:
- When the game is on the line.
- Or when they face another good defense.
What does this mean? Well it means defenses are lazy ass punks that only do their job in a consistent manner if it falls within the aforementioned circumstances; at least that's the way it works 80% of the time. You can't always count on Cleveland to force some turn overs versus a crappy team, but you can count on Chicago to play versus a team that smoked them last time.
Here's my Week 13 Defense Rankings
1. Chicago @ Detroit
2. New York Giants vs. Washington
3. St. Louis @ Arizona
4. Seattle vs. Carolina
5. Green Bay vs. San Francisco
6. Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
7. San Diego vs. Oakland
8. Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
9. Minnesota vs. Buffalo
10. Tennessee vs. Jacksonville
11. New Orleans @ Cincinnati
12. Jacksonville vs. Tennessee (bump them up 6 spots if Collins doesn't start)
13. New York Jets @ New England
14. Detroit vs. Chicago
15. Philadelphia vs. Houston