Dolphins Trade WR Ted Ginn To The 49ers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 16, 2010.

1. The Miami Dolphins has traded former first-round pick wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. to San Francisco, FOXSports.com has learned. With the addition of Ginn, the 49ers now have two former top-10 picks among their receivers with Michael Crabtree drafted No. 10 last year. Ginn, the No. 9 pick in 2007, has not emerged as a top-flight WR in his first three years and has averaged just 43 catches per season and has just five career TD receptions.

Source: FOXSports.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

for what?

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

WOOHOO!!!! Ginn for a late round draft pick! Return game is taken care of!

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

5. According to Glazer via twitter, a late round draft pick in this years draft.

Jay Glazer: Twitter.com

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I woulden't get all that excited. Ginn's first move is to run out of bounds. Outside of the Jets game last season he was nothing on his returns.

7. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Lol @ Holmes =Ginn in value.

8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i think the 9ers got a steal

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Could be a solid move for the 49ers, special teams help and still could grow into a damn good receiver.

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I agree to an extent, he still has upside as a WR but i dont kno about damn good, he could be pretty good tho. This helps the Niners because they had nothing in the return game.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I mean he won't be better than Crabtree of course but they have Morgan starting on the other side, if they use Ginn speed effectively in the slot and not to mention Vernon Davis still lined up at tight end and a healthy Frank Gore in the backfield this could be a headache for defensive coordinator. If Alex Smith can't get it together this year with the weapons provided he's just not ever going to make it in this league.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ginn's numbers in the return game is great compared to the pathetic numbers that Battle put up when he actually caught the kick...

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ginn doesn't really return punts and aside from what, 1 amazing quarter with the 2 KR's, he wasn't much of a kick returner. He's as soft as ice cream left outside in August and while he is blazing fast, he can't catch the ball for the life of him.

GOOD MOVE NINERS!!

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

His 2007 numbers for KR was over 1400 yds., his 2009 numbers for KR was over 1200 yds, I don't know Axion looks like he returns quite a few KR to me, am I missing something?

http://www.nfl.com/players/tedginnjr./careerstats?id=GIN403290
    Here's his numbers for KR broken down, he's got Battle beat by a mile

15. bambam

bambam Rookie

Awesome move! Instead of going after a returner in the 3rd, we get one with the 5th round pick. I'll take it, and yes he could definitely grow as a wr given the RIGHT coaching.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

DHB....:lmao:

17. bambam

bambam Rookie

lol @ sweets

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It's his KR average that makes him average, not total yards. I never said he didn't return a lot of kicks, just that he wasn't anything special at doing so. 24 and change per kick puts him in the middle of the pack, behind such luminaries as Eric Weems, Lardarius Webb, Stefan Logan and Courtney Roby.

19. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

lol

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010