Jets Agree To Deal With CB Darrelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mike oxlong, Sep 6, 2010.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/darrelle-revis-agrees-to-new-york-jets-deal-090510

The Darrelle Revis saga is over.

After month of acrimonious negotiations, multiple stalements and a threat to sit out the entire 2010 season, the New York Jets finally reached a contract agreement late Sunday with the All Pro cornerback.

FOXSports.com’s Jay Glazer is reporting the new contract is for seven years but it may void to a four-year deal.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. mike oxlong

3. Thanks anyway man, I didn't see it...

4. mike oxlong

I fixed to use the foxsports link as it corresponds with the main story and the void corresponds to the Manish tweet.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I know tons of people who are happy this is over. I just wonder how much time of his maintaining his abilities on his own will show up in the beginning of the season. Boldin gets Revis Island week 1. Should be fun to watch.

5. I actually expected him to holdout for much of the year since this lasted through Labor Day.

There was no way Revis was going to get $160M or anywhere near that. But Revis still gets to be the highest paid CB in the league so it was a win-win for both sides.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Can't say it's much of a surprise.

Both sides needed each other for different reasons tho they still had the same end line.

Along with alot of useless posturing, woofin', etc., but in the end...lovers with a claim of unity. :icon_smile:

It was just about break point for Revis but he still got under the wire for including a flyer on all the fines he accrued, bet u that....

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Jets defense is now official.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

no excuses when they let down this season...:wink:

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Nostradamus approves this message...

[​IMG]

:wink:

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Wow I expected this to last all year

11. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, that.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

revis came WAY down on his demands. 4 years at $11.5m/yr is much more reasonable.

13. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Yea, although he is getting 16.25 the first 2 years then we can start talking contract again, or he can play out the 4 years and the become a unrestricted free agent.