Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew Open To Trade

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Sweets, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In light of Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan's recent public remarks, holdout running back Maurice Jones-Drew is now open to being traded, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN who cites sources close to the situation. Khan's comments to the Florida Times-Union and Yahoo! Sports inflamed a situation that, until now, was rather peaceful. Now, the holdout shows no signs of letting up and is expected to extend into the regular season. This week, Khan told the Florida Times-Union: "Train is leaving the station; Run, get on it," remarks that did not sit well with the proud Jones-Drew, the NFL's defending rushing champion. Last week he told Yahoo! Sports: "He's not here, and that's his decision. Believe me, it's not a great concern. You hope for the best, and you plan for the worst. Our goals for the season don't change, and if he isn't here, he isn't here. I don't control it. It's his choice." Jones has two years remaining on the five-year, $31 million deal he signed in 2009.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd welcome it in a minute!!

3. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Redskins could use him. Half the teams in the league could use him. Broncos could use a reliable alternative to Ol' Man Manning

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

One trade and the Jags lose half of their offense
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrWchX5rAU]Agent smith laugh - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'll get this out of the way for every fanbase:

'He'd look GREAT in a __________ uniform! Make the trade, ________!'

6. bossco

bossco Rookie

Trade him to the jets for Tim Tebow and a second round pick. Then Jacksonville will be happy.

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

thissss

8. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I don't blame mjd....its going to be like the niners years ago when they ran the crap out of frank gore, then teams started stacking the box and they still ran the crap outta him.

9. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

If Jones-Drew is traded then I honestly think the Jagaurs will join the Lions in the 0-16 club. Seriously this team is a freakin joke

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm proud of the ol' Sheik. Let the hecker sit at home and pay all the money he already has in fines. The dude just signed a big contract. Screw him.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

2 years left on his deal and now he wants it re-done because he led the league in rushing. Is there a profession where contracts are so meaningless?

12. bossco

bossco Rookie

Only in the NFL. A team can cut you and not have to pay you any of your remaining "guaranteed money"

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

13. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

iron sheik just camel clutched his butt......trade him!