2013 College Football Season Predictions

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by JEMicklos, Aug 20, 2013.

1. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

The college football season is one week away! I am so excited that I’m having a hard time sleeping at night. At least I hope this is why I’m having a hard time sleeping… This year looks to be another fantastic year. I would like to believe that all of my predictions will be spot-on, but there are many variables.

View attachment 56214

American Athletic Conference

View attachment 56196

Many experts are predicting the Louisville Cardinals to run away with the American Athletic Conference this season. Not so fast my friend! The Cincinnati Bearcats are no slouch. The December 5th contest at Cincinnati will most likely decide the conference.

View attachment 56215

Atlantic Coast Conference

Atlantic Division

View attachment 56197

The top two teams in the ACC are in this conference. Florida State and Clemson will settle the conference with their October 19th match-up. Maryland is a team that will surprise a lot of people this year.

Coastal Division

View attachment 56198

The ACC Coastal will be highly contested this season. Four teams could win this division, yet only one can represent the team in the ACC Championship game. I’m taking Miami to take it, but it could be any of the top four.

ACC Championship Game: Clemson over Miami.
    I have Clemson representing the ACC in the Orange Bowl this season. They look to be the ACC’s best this year. That can all change though with one injury, or one breakout freshman.

View attachment 56216

Big 12 Conference

View attachment 56199

This conference is tough to predict. It is a real logjam at the job. Oklahoma State could finish undefeated, but I’ll take a chance and say one of their conference opponents trips them up. The Bedlam Game should decide the conference.

View attachment 56217

Big Ten Conference

Legends Division

View attachment 56201

The Legends Division looks to be pretty good this year. The November 2nd match-up between Northwestern and Nebraska should decide this competition.

Leaders Division

View attachment 56200

Let me shock the world here. I’m taking Wisconsin to win the Leaders division. Wisconsin’s schedule sets up perfectly for the “upsetâ€.

Big Ten Championship: Nebraska over Wisconsin.
    It just seems like this is the year that Wisconsin is finally dethroned as B1G champs. Nebraska should represent the B1G in the Rose Bowl for the first time ever this season.

View attachment 56218

Conference USA

East Division

View attachment 56202

ECU looks to be the kings of this division. MTSU will make a strong push this year with a favorable schedule but ECU is the King of the East.

West Division

View attachment 56203

Tulsa looks to be atop the C-USA once again. Rice might make a strong push, but in the end Tulsa will prove to be the better team.

Conference USA Championship Game: Tulsa over East Carolina.
    After taking East Carolina to take down Tulsa during the regular season, I have the Golden Hurricanes getting their revenge for the conference title.

View attachment 56219

Independents

View attachment 56204

The Independents should see three teams go bowling this year. Notre Dame has the toughest schedule out of all the teams here. Winning eight games will be quite an accomplishment.

View attachment 56220

Mid-American Conference

East Division

View attachment 56205

In all honesty, this division was ridiculously hard to predict. The Ohio Bobcats look to be the far superior team this season in the East Division. If they can beat Louisville in week one, we could be looking at a BCS buster.

West Division

View attachment 56206

The Huskies look to once again be the favorites of the West Division. Their November 13th match-up against Ball State ought to decide the division.

MAC Championship Game: Northern Illinois over Ohio.
    The Huskies are my favorite to repeat as MAC champions by defeating the Bobcats.

View attachment 56221

Mountain West Conference

West Division

View attachment 56208

San Jose State makes their first year in the MWC one to remember with a West Division championship. This division will come down to the November 29th match-up between Fresno State and San Jose State.

Mountain Division

View attachment 56207

Colorado State plays thirteen games this year. That is not a misprint. I do have Boise State taking the Mountain Division. The October 12th match-up between Boise State and Utah State ought to decide the division.

Mountain West Championship Game: Boise State over San Jose State.
    The Broncos ought to be too much for the Spartans.

View attachment 56222

Pac-12 Conference

North Division

View attachment 56209

The Stanford Cardinal look to be the top team. It will all come down to who Washington decides to upset this year.

South Division

View attachment 56210

The South Division will be crowded up top. The November 23rd match-up between Arizona State and UCLA ought to decide this whole thing. USC does play thirteen games as well.

Pac-12 Championship Game: Stanford over UCLA.
    The Cardinal look to make it two years in a row as Pac-12 Champs. UCLA will have to deal with being the bridesmaid yet again.

View attachment 56223

Southeastern Conference

East Division

View attachment 56211

The Division will come down to the September 7th match-up between South Carolina and Georgia. Georgia looks to have the edge this year with the game being in Athens.

West Division

View attachment 56212

The West Division looks like Bama’s to lose. These predictions were made with Johnathan Manziel not being suspended this season.

SEC Championship Game: Alabama over Georgia.
    In a rematch of last season’s classic, I have a really hard time going against the Tide. Georgia will put up quite a fight, but it looks to be the Tide’s year once again.

View attachment 56224

Sun Belt Conference

View attachment 56213

This conference will be top heavy with three teams fighting for the top spot. I picked ULL to be anointed the conference champions after some complex thinking…

I will release my bowl predictions later this week.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Well done, [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION].

Big 12 tough indeed. Funny feeling K-State may be in the mix at the end.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Sad state of my team :(

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Don't feel bad. Use the Cardinals fan's motto: "There's always next year."

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Marshall being better or worse than 7-5 all lies on if the defense is anywhere near improved or not. 7-5 as of right now is dead on though, until the defense is given a chance.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

one question. you have LSU losing three games. Who are they going to lose to? I see possibly one loss.

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Great predictions. Should be interesting to see how well you do against these picks.

8. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

don't see us losing to Ole Miss. Depends on if our defense stays the same on losing to Georgia. Bama is a different story.

10. axmickl

axmickl Rookie

All these rabid USF fans are going to start migrating to Orlando in order to find a bandwagon to climb on.