Who are your teams Homer Superstars

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Every fan base has them. Those deep roster guys a fanbase homerrificly sets unrealistic expections for. You know, that undrafted #6 WR thats on the verge of a 90 catch 1500 yard season. That 7th round Safety that lock down the back end of the defensive backfield and become a turnover machine. Try to argue that these players wont make it and you'll get label a hater

Who are the players on your team that qualifies as Homer Super

2. Jihad Joe

Dallas:

Lance Dunbar: Here is a guy that has more fumbles then decent runs, but on the heels of a nice run VS Oakland, Dunbar is being tabbed by the fanbase as a guy that will catch 50+ passes and the perfect complimentary back. Yes, perfect for opposing teams

James Hanna: He fills the " needs to be used properly" role. Only way to use him properly is for him to run fast in a straight line. He cant run routes and is a kitty over the middle. But to Cowboy fans he would be better then Hernandez if he went to NE

Matt Johnson: Fans swear he will make the Pro Bowl if healthy. Hes played a grand total of one half of a quarter of a preseason game

Omen likes this.
  3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Lawrence Okoye I guess? Physical freak and Harbaugh boner-giver, there's definitely a subset who are convinced he's going to be the next Mario Williams.

The teams so deep now that there's not a lot of roles left to fill, or players to root for to fill them. A few years ago I could have had a list of dozens for you, now...not so much. Also, I dont really browse the team homer boards anymore either, so I'm kind of out of the homer loop. Too many (TOO TOO too many) uninformed and football-ignorant bandwagon fans since we've gotten good, it's impossible to have anything remotely approaching a reasoned, objective conversation about anything anymore, so I don't even bother.

Aussie61 likes this.
  4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

dpouble

5. Jihad Joe

I can see Okoye being that future 15 sack guy that winds up cut this year.

I wonder if anyone is saying " Okoye will replace Smith.......Mark It Down"

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Kenbrell Thompkins was kinda that guy for the pats after last pre season.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not sure if the Steelers have one this year...but yet at least. Maybe Vince Williams? But that was silenced when Shazier was drafted. Isaac Redman was the one for a few seasons...ugh...just that name...

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Saints don't have any homer ones. they all can shine when given a chance. but the fans seem to like Andy Tanner for some reason. dude don't play at all but fans think he is the next beast in waiting.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I haven't really heard any from Eagles fans yet, but once camp starts....

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

true. but if I see one post about Malcolm Jenkins being a beast I will lose my cookies.