WALSH TAPES Are In......

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by FSUViking, May 7, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Walsh doesn't have Rams walkthrough tape

Contrary to a February 2 report in the Boston Herald, former Patriots videotape assistant Matt Walsh does not have film of the Rams' Super Bowl XXXVI walkthrough.

Walsh gave the NFL eight videos of opponents' coaches from 2000-2002. The tapes show the Patriots stealing offensive and defensive signals in regular-season games against the Dolphins, Bills, Browns, and Chargers, and the Steelers in the 2002 AFC Championship. Walsh's attorney says his client never claimed to have a tape of the Rams' walkthrough and was not the "unnamed source" in the Herald's story. The NFL has not yet commented. May. 7 - 9:33 pm et

Source: New York Times

http://rotoworld.com/Content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=116090

2. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

So there's other tapes. We pretty much knew that there would be. Belichick even said there were. And no, the 2002 AFCCG tapes vs Pittsburgh don't mean anything, unless they found a way to take the film, process it, and use it in the same game.

But I'm confused as to his lawyers comment. Uh, wasn't this entire freaking thing brought about BECAUSE Walsh claimed he had tape of the Rams walkthrough and he was ordered to do it? Or am I just imagining that?

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Least something is getting started....

4. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Hopefully they will lose more draft picks

5. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

What's getting started? He has nothing we didn't already know. Belichick gave him more than just the Jets tape. Goodell said there was more than just the Jets tape. This whole thing would be dead and over with if Walsh didn't say "HEY! I have a tape of the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough!"

Nothings going to happen and nothing should. It's over. Done. Get on with your lives. The season starts in less than 100 days!

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

so freaking tired of this story it just needs to die

7. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Unless some stoog climbs out of a hole somewhere and says he helped take the tapes and turn them into signals for the coaching staff to use.......it finally will.

8. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Jerk-off.

I'd like to see comments from Kurt Warner and Martz on this. :icon_mrgreen:

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Didn't someone say the Rams didn't even have a final walkthrough?

10. burnout2oo7

They did, but it wasn't extensive, or something like that. I don't think Warner and Martz would start crying if they didn't have any sort of practice whatsoever.

11. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

I'm pretty sure Martz is already on record as saying he didn't think the Patriots taped. He already commented on it, back when Walsh first popped up and wasn't screaming for justice about it, so.....

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

But they would've been used when the accusations/suspiscions said they were used in the 2004-05 AFC Championship Game.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

how come it was so easy to find out what was on these tapes, but we never were allowed to find out what was on the original tapes

14. Black Prowler

Black Prowler Crazy Black Cat!

Because the NFL covered it up..but now they are in the thick of it so destroying tapes this time around would make everyone more suspicious. Despite not getting the tape of the Rams Walkthrough(which I beleive still may exist....Walsh may be milking this thing for all we know.) The eight tapes turned over confirm the Pats cheating. If they cheated in 8 games or so why wouldn't they cheat in any others? I think this shows that the pats are guilty of cheating in every game belicheat has coached and therefore the Pats should be stripped of all titles including Playoff and Super Bowl wins. FREAKING CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: I want my Super Bowl Championship ring heckers!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :moe:

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

we all do bro, lol

16. burnout2oo7

I've got a better solution. Tape all Patriot practices next season, and distribute the video to all of the other 31 teams in the league. :icon_mrgreen:

17. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea lets only hope

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well if these tapes aren't anything Goodell has received or was told about by the Patriots, this in "new evidence." He could reopen the case if he saw fit.

19. seanq

seanq Starter

He could, if it is. But I seriously doubt it.

As soon as Belichick met with the commissioner and Goodell told him his interpretation of the rules was wrong (as should have been clear by the memo before last season started), Belichick sent the NFL all the sideline/signal tapes and notes he had. It sounds like the tapes Walsh has are just more of the same - if they are different it is just that it is the unedited raw footage of what the NFL already saw.

Walsh is just a disgruntled ex-employee, he is a self-serving prat who made as much noise and threats as the circumstances allowed him to. No, he never said he had tapes of the walk through. He claimed he was told to tape it. And then said he has tapes the NFL would want to see. See the difference?

20. GORE

GORE #21

If these are the only tapes Walsh has then there will be no further punishment.