Bucaneers QB Jeff Garcia Walking Away From Football?

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by 86WARD, Jun 4, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Interviewed by Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan of NFL Radio, Jeff Garcia stated that he is so disillusioned with his contract that he is considering walking away from the game of football.

He also found it disheartening that Matt Ryan was awarded the contract that he received.

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

You signed your contract, stop snitching about it

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

TRUE THAT!

4. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Look, I don't think these rookies deserve these ginormous contracts either, but Garcia is killing me!!! Hey Jeff: you're not an elite QB, and on top of that, you're 38 years old!!!!! HELLO!!!!! :icon_rolleyes:

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Garcia should quit.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

quack quack quack

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Classic Garcia. He was also talking about how "mistreating players" will eventually comeback to bite a team in the butt...mistreated???

I think T.O. was right. If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat...

8. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_rolleyes:

If you'd rather retire than play the game for a mere 2 million dollars, then do us all a favor and just retire now.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

No..he'd rather be mistreated...

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, this guy has really shown his true colors. what a freaking cat. seriously - this asshat is acting like this while people who actually work for a living are losing their homes left and right.

so tampa fans - you think we were right about garcia being greedy now ? still think he was screwed over in philly ?

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's an butthole...

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Sad knowing T.O. snitched about his contract with the Eagles, one year into a seven year deal. Then again, T.O. is worth way more money then Garcia ever has been as a player anyway.

Ok, Garcia knew his future wasn't in Philly with McNabb returning and knowing they drafted Kolb anyway. Then again, I don't know what he thought he was going to get on the open market anyway. Anyone of us on this board could have told Garcia he wouldn't get much which he didn't.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Maybe he can't feed his family with $2M a year :moe:

Remember Latrell Sprewell? :lol:

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If the offer was insulting from the beginning, then why did he sign it? LOL

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As far as feeding his family, any of the NFL players snitching about contracts, the same things can be said about them too.

We have only ourselves to blame for the bloated contracts, we're the ones that watch the games, buy the merchandise and make the game as popular as it is so we're the ones making sure the NFL players have money up the yin yang...don't blame the players for being greedy, heck I'd be greedy too if they'd let me and all of you would to..admit it.

16. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

garcia. stfu! please! here is $3 million go away.

17. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

18. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

These professional athletes make me sick with their griping and sniffling over their contracts.

Hey Jeff Garcia... you know what helps? WHINING ABOUT IT! Go away!

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

that has to be the flat out worst deflection excuse i have ever heard in my life trying to justify players greed.

i am now dumber for reading this and i want the 10 seconds it took to read back.

that doesn't really change anything.

20. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

and ty law...