It's Official, Couture Vs. Lesnar For Title At UFC 91

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Sep 2, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

With rumors swirling the internet for a week that Randy Couture could be making a return to the UFC after 11 months on the shelf, those rumors became a reality today when UFC President Dana White held a conference call to announce that the Heavyweight Champion will finally return to action and the UFC on November 15th when he defends his title against Brock Lesnar in a five round fight in Las Vegas, NV (not Portland OR that was initially the spot the November card was scheduled to emanate from)

Source: MMANEWS.COM | It's Official, Couture Vs. Lesnar For Title At UFC 91

2. mouse

mouse Starter

GREAT NEWS TO HAVE RANDY BACK!

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's horsecrap that Lesnar is getting the chance to fight for the title right now.

All about the promotion though.

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Who else in the Heavyweight Division in the UFC(NOT AFFLICTION) can bring $$$ to the UFC?

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Are they still acknowledging that Randy's the HW title holder? He's been out of action for nearly a full year. Nog is fighting Mir for the belt. I don't believe they will allow Lesnar to actually fight for the belt. I haven't read the link though so I could be wrong.

6. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

He Will fight for the Belt.

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

How does Lesnar get a title shot?

this is why Dana sucks....

8. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Are you serious??

Then wtf are Mir and Nog fighting for? I am one of the few that think Brock will be great in time, but that's bullcrap that a 1-1 record in MMA gets you a title shot that far in advance. If Brock had the resume of an accomplished vet, I'd possibly be okay with it. This is just makes me sad as I think Brock will win.

9. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

For Fun??? :icon_cheesygrin:

10. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. WTF has Brock done to deserves a title shot? About as much as you or me have.

Seems they're not fighting for much.
    UFC News, UFC Rumors, UFC Events, Mixed Martial Arts News, and MMA Rumors | MMAFrenzy.com

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

What a match this is going to be

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Thanks for the clarification DD.

Looks like about what I expected.

13. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Exactly. I was watching Inside MMA on HDNet this weekend and of the Top 10 Heavyweights, I think 7 of them were from Affliction.

Fight. :icon_cool:

MMA has fights, WWE has matches. :icon_cheesygrin:

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

its going to be a cashcow, thats what its going to be
    Dana wants the money and the publicity that will come with this.
    The Legendary Couture vs the up and coming phenom *thats what i'm sure they will call him* Lesnar

Its going to draw big PPV numbers and a huge live audience

15. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

FSU you know what you are talking about. :cool:

16. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

SWEET, it's happening on my birthday!

17. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

What's lesnar had 2 fights,and he's fighting Couture for a belt. Sounds like behind the scenes crap going on. I like Brock,but I don't see him experienced enough to beat a Coture. Couture, age or not, can still bring it.

18. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

In the words of Cryme Tyme from the WWE, "it's all about that money, money....yeah! yeah!"

This fight will draw HUGE. And that's the bottom line here. Mega payday, exposure, and PPV buys.

19. youstolethatball

youstolethatball beer belly budda

I don't give two craps if these guys are fighting for the belt or not. This is an incredible matchup. The aging superstar who's all heart, and the up and coming kid who just happens to be an animal on the mat and with his fists. This could be the most exciting and anticipated fight in a long time. I can't heckin wait for november. I like lesnar to win because he won't gas, he is a stud wrestler, and has heavy hands; but at the same time I will cheer for Randy cause hes the man.

20. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Money Money Yea Yea.:icon_cheesygrin: