Browns WR Braylon Edwards Wants To Remain With Team

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by 86WARD, May 23, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Receiver Braylon Edwards, speaking at voluntary minicamp for the first time since off-season trade rumors, said he didn't want to leave Cleveland on a bad note after his subpar 2008 season. "I didn't get excited [about the rumors]," he said. "One, they were rumors and there was nothing to hold on to. And two, I felt like if I would have left Cleveland for any reason, I would have left with a bad taste in my mouth. "I wanted to get back to playing good football, definitely here. It's a business and who knows what's going to happen next year. But for me, it was just about getting back to what I know I can do and being the player the Browns drafted in '05 and that the fans saw in '07."

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, what a bunch of bs. He's saying this now because no one would trade for him, and what choice does he have, he's still under contract for another year. I will give him credit for trying to squash out any drama though.

We will see if he want to remain with the team next year.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

$$$$$$$$$

4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I said it in a previous thread. "Contract year" means he has to do it right. He's saying a lot of the same things he said before his breakout season. "I want to be the player they drafted me to be, etc, etc." I didn't read anything that made me think he wants to be a Brown next year. They left that part out of the title. SoDev is right though. I'm glad he didn't feed any drama over it.

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Your right also. I was giving him credit for not making drama, when in actuality it's like you said, because it's a contract year. So, it's still good for the Browns this year, but it's completely self serving.