49ers WR Isaac Bruce Thinking Playoffs, Super Bowl

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by 86WARD, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Isaac Bruce, a man of 1,000 catches but few words, is returning to pro football, and the 49ers, for what will be his 16th and possibly final season. His goals are simple. "Play in the playoffs again and win a Super Bowl," Bruce said Saturday after a minicamp practice. "I know the parity of the NFL. I was 4-12 one year and the next year I won a Super Bowl." Bruce and the St. Louis Rams were 4-12 in 1998 and in '99 they were 13-3 and on top of the world with a championship in Super Bowl XXXIV.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

2. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

PIPE DREAM

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well it's not unheard of but that 1999 team was on all cylinders with their offense kicking, sadly we don't.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Stranger things have happened...

5. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

lol...super bowl....riiiiight.

6. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

We will win the Super Bowl :)

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Irony, isn't it great.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I see a 4-game suspension coming. He'll test positive for some hallucination-causing crap :icon_eek:

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Playoffs is one thing thats not out of reach for almost any team. Dolphins went from 1 win to playoffs. Superbowl i think no team should predict look how its worked for the cowboys.

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

all the stars were alighned for that Rams team. the packers didnt make the playoffs and neither did the niners that were power house teams then. then the following year they get knocked out of the playoffs by the power house New Orleans Saints lol

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Put Shaun Hill behind center and stay focused, you can make the playoffs.

Especially in the NFC West.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's the key word AB - NFC WEST...the Niners have just as good a chance in that division as anyone...

If they can get some decent QB play along side of Frank Gore, they could be alright...

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

He didn't predict the Niners would play in next super bowl, he said it was his goal. Not the same thing.

14. warcrychief

"Play in the playoffs again and win a Super Bowl," he implied it, it is the same thing. And comparing this team 2 the Rams of 1999.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't compare the Niners with the Rams of 1999 either...however, would you compare the Rams of 1999 before they hit the field to the Minnesota Vikings of 1998? The Denver Broncos of '98? Probably not...

Anything is possible in the NFL nowadays...highly unlikely, but not impossible...lol...

16. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Well, again, there's a difference between saying "I want to do this" and "my team will do this"...
    And about comparing the teams, he just said it was possible because it was done before.

17. warcrychief

well im sure you will bring this up if the niners win the super bowl, right? "Hey you didnt predict we would win the SB"! lol

18. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

He said it was his goal, isn't that everyone's goal though? He stated it, he wants to do it, if he didn't think this team could go where he wanted to go, he would have retired.