2008 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Garnett, Jun 30, 2008.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

They will. The American players are arrogant and think they can play half assed and still win.

I put my money on Spain to win it all.

2. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

lol The only thing i'm confident of us winning medals in is the cycling.

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

no it didn't but it was still a badass race

you should have a dude in the 1,500 with balls of freaking steel i watched his last college race and it was the crap dude led the whole thing and would not let anyone pass him

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Never heard of him...our only hope is the tae-kwan-do team, in which we're world champions. Outside of that, we're lost.

I'll make some research for that 1,500m dude.

5. nastynate184

he ran at texas

his name is Leonel Manzano i don't know if he is on your team or not

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, he was born in Mexico, but runs for the U.S. :icon_sad:

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I am looking forward to watching Trindon Holliday run.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-KZ4VwPkk&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=psWYfO7rp9A&feature=related[/media]

8. nastynate184

he was in the semis of the 100 but didn't make it out

sorry to get your hopes up tj

9. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I think your totally wrong this time around. Theyve set up this team totally different and they've been together for a couple of years now. Dwight Howard is going to annihilate anybody that plays inside and they can't dare us to shoot like they have in years past.

10. nastynate184

i think the three year commitment they had them sign on for is going to make all the difference this year and agree with what rm7 said

11. andy82

Maybe so, but there's a lot of egos in that squad and I'm not sure that they'll gel as a team.

12. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

^ They pretty much already did, quite nicely I might add, at the FIBA Americas Championship (Olympic qualifying). They won't desroy every team like the original Dream Team did but I'll think they'll handle everyone fairly easily. The rest of the world is not as close as everyone thinks, but we have to actually try to throw together a decent team.

13. andy82

Just an enquiry, but have you ever seen the Euroleague? Watch a game and you'll see that it is.

14. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Sorry to change the subject, but Michael Phelps is going to dominate. He will not top Spitz. But could take home 5 and with the relay 6 Gold. Good Luck home boy.

15. nastynate184

Phelps is the freaking aquaman two world records set at the damn trials

you can't tell me that any euroleague team could beat an nba team

16. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

No, and I don't need to. That's like me saying, "Have you ever seen the MLS?" when saying that the U.S. is catching up to the Premier League. I'll say it again, the rest of the world is not as close as everyone thinks. We put together a couple of crapty teams in a row that had no form or function other than collecting egos. Now we have an actual team. Don't get me wrong, it's not like it was back in '92 but it's not going to be pretty either.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

im curious to see tae kwon doe bc it a trio of siblings mark steven and diana lopez with brother jean as trainer

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sorry, Omen. Tae Kwan Do belongs to Mexico (World Champions, baby!!)...you can have the rest of the sports. Thank you.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

these dudes are good and its if they can all win a medal its the first time since like 1914 or somthing like that , that a trio of sibling all win

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You get a gazillion medals on each Olympics...we have to suffer to get a couple. Don't take it away from us :icon_sad: