2008 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Garnett, Jun 30, 2008.

1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

well of course we do we are AMERICA FREAK YEA after all

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

as much as I know, it wasn't shown live at the US :icon_wink:

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I have been working through the Olympics and have no idea if I was watching events live.

I just watch whatever they show me on TV when they show it.

4. nastynate184

some of the major events where shown live mostly the phelps finals and the beach volleyball as well all the track i saw was not live though

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

It's ok, I am proud that we don't enslave our young and force them into a sport that their body type fits. They become property of the Government and are pushed to the limits with no one caring if they are hurt in the process.

USA allows people to freely choose a sport they want and uses encouragement to let our athletes reach their full potential.

Congrats china on winning the most gold medals, congrats to their government on taking children from their families and enslaving them for their own purpose. Congrats on being the world leader in allowing human rights to be ignored. Congrats to China's government on faking passports of young girls so that they may use them to get some extra gold medals.

USA won the most medals - fact

China won the most golds, but does the cost of these children's lives worth it. I don't think so.

6. nastynate184

damn brutal truth right there mike

7. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Your just bitter.

8. mike oxlong

bitter about what? The US has won its most medals ever in an Olympics outside of the US, I'm very proud of that.

Your not saying that you support the complete ignorance of human rights? are you?

9. Ridin Burgundy

No idea, you just sound pissed off.

Not at all that post just came out of nowhere when no one was saying anything to do with China.

10. mike oxlong

I just read the last 20 posts or so and it seemed like there was some bashing of america because we are proud of winning ALL our medals, while no one was bashing china and their obvious practices of ignoring human rights and obvious enslaving of its people just to get some gold medals. That is ridiculous, so I put a little more perspective on things.

There are certainly things that people could and should be pissed at America over, but celebrating our medals (Gold, Silver or Bronze) many by people that work very hard on their own to achieve is definitely not one of them.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No one is bashing America or their athletes...I just think it's funny that after 112 years of Olympic Games, where the country with the most GOLD medals has won the Olympics, suddenly you decide that now the country with the most overall medals wins...that's all.

I couldn't care less about China...my country won two gold medals when we were afraid we'd go with no medals at all...so I'm very happy about it.

12. Ridin Burgundy

Everyone already knows China is rotten to the core. Thers no point even discussing that.

The only thing said was that its funny you guys have the medal table different to everyone else.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You keep saying "You guys" like someone here at GIF is responsible for how the network shows the medal count.

You seriously don't think that we would be offended?

14. Ridin Burgundy

you guys= americans

I already said that.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Now, changing the subject a little bit, nobody has discussed one of the miracles of these games...

On the same podium where Mexican Guillermo Perez gave our country our 1st gold medal of the games, and the 11th gold medal in history, Afghanistan won its first olympic medal EVER, winning the bronze on taekwondo.

I think it's amazing a country like that, that has been at war like forever, could win a medal...I think he was more excited than Guillermo, and will probably be received back home as a hero.

Props to him :icon_cool:

16. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

HH...clear out your pm box. I can't send you a message.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

How about not saying that anymore then?

I know it can be hard for Brits with limited vocabulary to actually type out something like "the American media" or "the American networks that are broadcasting the Olympics" but go on and be original and give it a shot!

:spankbottom: :punch: :beersign:

Congrats again to Mexico, and props to the Afghany.

It's good to see that they can produce good athletes during times of turmoil.

:icon_redface:

18. Ridin Burgundy

But that takes way too much effort so you will just have to deal with it.

19. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

We won the most medals (gold or all of them however you want to rank it) in the events that people actually give a crap about. China can have all the diving, synchronized diving, and freaking ping pong golds that they can get their Communist hands on. Nobody gives a crap except for China. Here's a list of Olympic events that should be cancelled in place of baseball and softball:

Synchronized diving - gay
    Synchonized swimming - gay
    Table Tennis - recreation game, I mean, let's add foosball if this is an Olympic event.
    Badmitton - recreation game
    Field Hockey (Lacrosse should take it's place)

If there is a way to shorten the games, Cricket should be added.

20. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

Unites States has always used the overall Medal count as a ranking, but there is no official ranking.

Olympic medal table - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia