2009 Official GIF Baseball League

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Roy31, Apr 6, 2009.

1. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

What about his .200 avg and the 200 K's he'll have?:laughy21:

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lmfao no kidding hey... have you actually had the pleasure to watch him play on several occasions? Offspeed stuff left over the plate he will crush, but high heat he swings at, the higher the pitch, the more chance he'll swing at it... Somebody compared him to an Adam Dunn, but I'm thinking more of a Mark Reynolds but with more power. Maybe the light will turn on for him and he'll learn how to pull and spray.

The K's don't mean crap in our fantasy league. Good chance he hits 30+ HR's, that's unless we demote him which is always possible. But he plays good D so I don't see him going anywhere unless we start losing more than were winning.

The lack of trades thus far in the league is a bit discouraging, but I'm assuming most of you guys feel pretty attached to the guys on your Teams... I know I have... There's still a few guys I'd like to get rid of... I'd figure you guys would be all over a guy like Granderson though. I don't really see myself trading him now, unless there's a decent offer...

LOL DD, adding Matt Laporta to your trade block... Like someone is going to trade for him haah.

3. dolphindude13

Oh I like the kid, I'm not bashing him. I just dont get all the hoopla over him. He does remind you of Adam Dunn or better yet Richie Sexson. He's still young and he has plenty of time to learn some plate dicipline but there is a huge downside to his game right now, and thats all I was poinintg out.

I'm also in a keeper league that uses OBP and avg and he's a nice player for the future there but a no more than a spot starter/bench guy in that format.

I added Laporta right after I picked him up, not recently.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah I'm the one bashing him :icon_salut::icon_mrgreen:...

Davis is worth starts vs righties, who rely on offspeed stuff and when the Rangers are at home... I really hate myself when I have him on the bench and he hits a few dingers lol. Versus lefties he's a .156 though lmfao.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I snagged Luke Scott up before anyone else could :)... Dude has 4 HR's in 2 games since coming back from his DL stint.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

If anyone is interested I DO have Adrian Gonzalez available.

7. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

There I changed it are you happy:icon_twisted:

8. dolphindude13

And your starting point would be? What do you want or need?

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I've got a few guys who have all decided to take a crap on me the past couple weeks. Kinsler has been ice cold, Orlando Hudson's batting average has dropped 40 points, Jason Bay batting .230 or something in the past month, Miguel Cabrera hurt, and the Tigers freaking with Granderson moving him around the order for no reason.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ahhh, playoff time.

I just squeaked in as the #6 seed, edging out DD13. Good luck to the other 5 teams that made the playoffs as well.