2010 Flyers Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by smeags, Jun 15, 2010.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

The 2010-11 Flyers Thread

well the season is over. we came up 2 games short for the cup. overall i can't be upset considering the season the team had.

but that's history and the fylers have some decisions to make. i have already said it's time to ship carter off. not sure how they can afford him with thier cap situation plus he is the most moveable player they have and they need a top tier, young goalie.

i think leino is going to be a ble to help fill the void carter leaves. you also hope JVR steps up as well.

in addition the flyers need another top defensmen. someone who can take some minutes for kimmo and pronger. it was evident that both of thoem hit a wall in game 5.

holmgren has his work cut out for him.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

gagne traded to tampa

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That trade was a raping. Carter better stay healthy next year.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

salary move only. although taking $1.2mil back isn't exactly what i would've had in mind.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's definitely what this is and the Flyers were fine without him last season. Holmgren's definitely got something up his sleeve.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah you hope so. you'd hope the money goes to carter or a real goaltender.

i was never a big gags fan but i give it to him, he put together a preety good career as a flyer. ranked 10th in points while missing close to 140games due to injury.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

"real goaltender" please.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Antti Niemi is available for the Flyers seeing the Blackhawks just signed Marty Turco.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

so nice start. umm, who is this "bob" guy ? :icon_eek:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Nothing quite like beating the Pens in their new arena's debut. :buttrock:

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

well so far so good. team looks pretty damn balanced.

think i'm heading down to the spectrum tomorrow. $25 entry fee and you can take whatever you want.