2010 WORLD SERIES - Rangers Vs. Giants - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 24, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

2010 World Series

Game - Matchup - Day - Date - Time - ET - TV

Gm 1 - TEX @ SF (probables) - Wed - Oct. 27 - 7:30 PM - FOX
    Gm 2 - TEX @ SF (probables) - Thu - Oct. 28 - 7:30 PM - FOX
    Gm 3 - SF @ TEX (probables) - Sat - Oct. 30 - 6:30 PM - FOX
    Gm 4 - SF @ TEX (probables) - Sun - Oct. 31 - 8:00 PM - FOX
    Gm 5* - SF @ TEX (probables) - Mon - Nov. 1 - 7:30 PM - FOX
    Gm 6* - TEX @ SF (probables) - Wed - Nov. 3 - 7:30 PM - FOX
    Gm 7* - TEX @ SF (probables) - Thu - Nov. 4 - 7:30 PM - FOX​

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Looking forward to a great series...leaning towards the Rangers in this one but would not be surprised if the Giants pulled it out.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

lets go...............
    awe heck it, im not even going to pretend to care

ill just watch to watch

4. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Rangers > Giants

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm leaning towards rooting for the Giants since they are an NL team, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Lee get a ring.

6. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

im really looking forward to this series. this is who i wanted since the yanks are out. I want the Rangers to win it but I think the Giants will win it. for two reason. first they have a slightly better team imo. and they got homefield advantage

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rangers win it in 7.

During the offseason, Clifton Phifer Lee signs with the Evil Empire.:icon_frown:

8. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I've thought about this and while I want to root for the Giants I just can't bring myself to do it since they beat us. I'm partial to TX though because of Lee.

9. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I think the Rangers bats are too hot for the Giants to win this.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

First pitch just over an hour away. I really hope we can get to lincecum in the first.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wow just wow.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm shocked...6 ER's off Lee...

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm just glad it's a World Series without the same old rods for the announcers to suck. I don't hate Derek Jeter but it gets a little old to hear to same stories about the same players and teams. Now we get Barry Bonds v. George W., but at least we get to see some good pitching matchups and a few less superstars. Entertaining game last night, albeit unexpected result.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i feel better after last night.

15. ragman

Lee had too much time off.

Don't put Vlad back in the OF.

BTW, there's a chance of rain for tonight's game. If it gets rained out, they'll play Game 2 tomorrow night, hop on a plane and fly to Texas and play Games 3, 4, and 5 there, if Game 5 is necessary.

If the Rangers play like they played last night, Game 5 won't be necessary.:icon_frown:

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

time off usually helps a pitcher no ?

yeah vlad was horrible last night. it will help when the rangers get home and he goes to the DH but the giants should be pretty well set at DH as well.

17. ragman

Time off for an SP is not always a good thing. A. J. Burnett of the Yankees had 17 days off between starts. In his last start against the Rangers, he went 6 innings and gave up 5 ER.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

17days i could understand but lee only had 8 days off. he just didnt have command on his curve ball and the giants are smart hitters the defense behind him surely didn't help.

lincecum didn't pitch that well either but the rangers just didn't take advantage enough.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Mother heckin Matt Cain. Ive got my broom ready...

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco: