2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

San Diego already filling some holes with 3 picks already take Boling with their 4th pick of the draft. He has been on the rise since the Senior Bowl and projects at Guard although he has played both T spots. He showed that he can get out on blocks in space and given some time should be a solid interior linemen. Hard working and coachable as well. Good talent for 4th pick for team in 3rd round.

2. Went BPA and took Hunter.

He will be a nice change-of-pace back for Ahmad Bradshaw and insurance in case he departs for FA whenever the CBA is sorted out.

People questioned whether Ray Rice could be a featured runner coming out of the draft. I think Hunter could dispel those same critics as well if he plays in the right system.

3. Bucs went with a DE as that was a major need. I went with Greg Romeus as he has alot of potential.

4. mike oxlong

This is about the time that the Eagles go for LB'ers in the draft. Getting Moch here is a steal. While raw, the talent is there and Moch could easily develop into a beastly pass rusher, which is what the Eagles love from OLB's.

5. Interesting pick.......Moch is more of a 3-4 OLB but Jim Washburn would certainly find a way to get him on the field. And the value at this point of the draft is good too.

Moch reminds me of a faster Marcus Howard. I actually thought Howard would translate into a 4-3 WLB because of his size (6' 238).

Both were undersized, fast and effective pass rushers in college.

6. mike oxlong

Good point, but the Eagles do run a hybrid 3-4 / 4-3 changing looks a lot and with the addition of Washburn, I don't expect that to change. The Eagles love taking pass rushing LB in the mid rounds and the potential that Moch has, I think it would be a definite pick Andy and Co. would make.

7. Absolutely. Moch's potential is worth it in the mid third round.....regardless of scheme.

The dude reportedly ran in the 4.2's in college.

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I went with Powe for the Chiefs because i thought they needed a impact NT, Powe is a powerful space eater and is one of the only true NT's left on the board. I think he's excellent value at the end of the 3rd.

9. CStevenson13

I think its a good spot for him, you can afford to develop the things he cant do well at this point and implement him first as a 3rd down rusher/special teams player while his football awareness catches up with his athleticism.

10. I love the Powe pick.

11. I hope we go the full seven rounds.......:icon_cool:

12. mike oxlong

7 rounds would be cool.

13. CStevenson13

Im with that, i know everyone has their favorite late rd sleepers they cant wait to take

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I'm down with going 7 rounds. It's been a smooth ride for the most part up to now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  15. mike oxlong

Chargers making the most of their many picks and pick up a big TE with good hands, good blocking and good route running. Luke Stocker was a possible second round pick after improving to a 4.5 40 at his pro day, Chargers pick up a smart guy who will work hard to provide insurance for Gates and get great value late in the third round.

16. CStevenson13

Its no secret we need explosiveness at WR, Gates has become one of my favorite prospects, he's raw but he doesnt have to produce right away, he's got better hands then i thought he would and he's a natural playmaker. His attributes, size, etc. are eerily similar to that of Mike Wallace. When i took Wisnieski in the 2nd i didnt feel comfortable enough with the value of the WR's that were available, i wrote down about 4 WR's i thought were good value here with Gates being my favorite and i got my wish :icon_cheesygrin:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  17. CStevenson13

Stocker could be studly down the seams in that offense with Gates getting all the attention

18. mike oxlong

at his size and speed, deadly is more apropos, but you are right on sir.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

There's a pick still open, I passed on making it since I was already picking twice in a row there. Also if anyone wants Chicago say the word, I dont like picking back to back.

Went with Burton for New England which was a no brainer for me at this point. I like him better than the last couple CB's to go, NE could use some CB help so the pick was basically made for me. Chicago was a little harder. The Bears draft has been hecked so far and it was either start from scratch and try to unheck it, or just roll with it so I decided to roll with it. Thought about pretty much every Olineman available but none really tickled my fancy. Gave Odowd pretty heavy consideration but his injuries scare me. I went with Brown (The OTHER Guy), who's probably not the top available CB on most boards but has a better size/speed combo than the rest (kind of TIllmanish), and who I feel is probably underranked since he played opposite Smith and had to deal with getting thrown at a LOTTT as a result. He's going to be a good starter.

20. CStevenson13

^I also was looking at Jalil Brown as a mid round sleeper, almost just seems like a little less talented Jimmy Smith.