2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (Day Three)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Draft day is finally upon us. This draft has a cloud of uncertainty hovering over it thanks to the NFL's labor situation but there are still many storylines that will make the 2011 NFL draft intriguing. Here are some of the news and rumors we are seeing so far today:

So let's talk NFL Draft everyone! The NFL might be spreading the draft out over an extra day and on primetime, but it's still a huge day for NFL fans and half the fun is speculating what players will go where and then dissecting the picks after.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i cant even focus, its better than christmas....look for me to be very happy or on suicide watch later

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

im not a big draft geek like others but with this lockout im less than interested about tonights events

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lockout has me more excited than ever i think

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm more interested with the lockout...I do wish they resumed the "normal business" today though. Would've been a nice exciting flurry of trades and transactions...

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Same here bro. Especially if my team takes Gabbert.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Happy or on suicide watch? My cousin has a bottle of tequila ready to go if you get Gabbert...to drown his sorrows in lol. He's convinced that Gabbert is the second coming of Smith and seems to be convinced that the Niners want him.

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

All this late talk about people trading down, how many QB's go in the first? for my teams sake i hope as many QB's as humanly possible go in the first and then we trade down

9. CStevenson13

LOL, thats gonna be interesting to watch, ive heard they are lukewarm on him and they wont take a QB at 7, but at the same time it could be a smoke screen

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Harbaugh doesnt seem like the kind of guy whos going to be too worried about getting a "top" qb to me. He's supposed to be such a qb guru and a confident guy, I'd bet he's going to go for his qb later, whoever it is.

11. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Suicide watch I also have some Tequila ready.

12. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

If Steve Young says "Cam Newton only has 50 pocket passes in his college career" one more time, I'm going to shoot my TV and not be able to watch the draft.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

If the cowboys take t Smith at 9 ill punch a kitten

What's keeping teams from trading players on principle or with a " handshake" and just making it final tomorrow

14. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

^ you don't like Smith?

15. CStevenson13

Jay Glazer just said on NFL Network that Atlanta and Cleveland already have parameters of a trade set up to get Atlanta to 6.

16. Omen

Not at 9 no

Although our line needs help..IMO the defense struggles a lot more than the o. The o seemed to have done better after Garrett took over. Even though they did well in the those loses but our d would loose the games and our o couldn't cone back ....we need a better pass rush. Better corner or more depth and a safety's

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

HERE WE GO

18. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

draft is open!

19. Omen

Cam is gonna be one .....

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Panthers didn't waste any time...Cam Newton it is.