2011 World Series: Rangers Vs Cardinals Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by themush, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It'll be even better for all the build up with the Cards to lose in Game 7. But no matter who you like, that game was the best World Series game, possibly EVER. This Series is definitely top 5 ever but it's too bad no one cares. Tonight on SportsCenter all they talked about was college football. Gotta love em! #heckthemothership

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Incredible.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That was one of the best world series games ive ever seen.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I had to go to bed after the 8th, and I was absolutely stunned this morning when I found out the Cards came back. What a game!

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Saying that, if it was the Yankees or Red Sox filling the Rangers spot there would be mass hysteria and wall to wall coverage. A real shame.

Freese has been on fire this postseason, and man I'm definately pulling an all nighter tonight, win or lose.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm convinced the Cardinals have more lives than Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, and Freddy Krueger combined.

Last night's game reminded me of the anticipation I had on Christmas Eve when I was a kid. Except this time Santa didn't come.

Again, let's end it tonight!!!!

7. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

it's official the baseball gods hate the Texas Rangers....cardinals can go ahead and start celebrating with the champagne showers.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Motherhecker.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I freaking hate that place. Well, at least they'll get to watch Pujols in a Cubs uni next year!

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good Night Texas!

rofl.

11. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Rangers just need 1 or 2 aces on the staff and move C.J. Wilson to the bul;lpen he;s not a legitamate ace at all. Darren Oliver can be let go.

12. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

It
    s official the Texas Rangers are the Buffalo Bills of the MLB.

13. ragman

I'd let C. J. go. He didn't perform when the Rangers needed him the most. Then I'd either get C.C. or Darvish. I don't see any other stud SPs out there that I like who will be FAs in 2012.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

CJ is as good as gone. He's proven that he's crap in the playoffs so I expect the Mets to sign him since they don't have to worry about that issue. : /

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

if rangers fans wanna blame anyone blame cruz who did a stunning bobby abreu impression in game 6.

16. ragman

I can't blame Cruz. I blame a pitching staff who didn't deliver when they needed to. Maybe the Rangers can address that in the off-season.

One of the local sportswriters today suggested that, along with the names Darvish and CC, the Rangers should pursue Roy Oswalt, if his back is OK. He wouldn't cost arm and a leg, and he'd be a good role model for the other pitchers.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

cruz catches that fairly easy ball you fans are talking about memories from the parade. the picthers were burned out. it's not like st louis did any better pitching wise. forget game 7 because it was over after game six. i mean the cards kept handing texas the game.