2012 NFL Mock Draft Creator Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Beerfish, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

Here is the 2012 version of my NFL mock draft creator spreadsheet. Some of you may remember it from previous years. It essentially has the same features as previous spreadsheets. Some of the features of the sheet are as follows.

Over 325 draft eligible players listed, ranked via an average of online rankings.
    Team statistical rankings page.
    NFL Combine results.
    Easy to use to research/follow the draft and to make your own mock drafts for all teams or just the team you follow.

You can navigate by using the main page buttons which are macro driven or if you wish to not use macros you can navigate manually via the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the page.

The spreadsheet link to google docs is below. Once you click the link to the document go to “Fileâ€￾….â€￾Downloadâ€￾ to download the sheet. Happy drafting!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-P54M263S15QkVxZHduM2tTYnF1ZGs0YjZOSTVlUQ

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Thanx [MENTION=2299]Beerfish[/MENTION]....you should post here more often, we hardly ever see you.

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Good stuff.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[MENTION=2299]Beerfish[/MENTION].....you really did the time on this. Well done! As [MENTION=521]Sweets[/MENTION] said, you should hang around here more often, esp. to shed some light about your spreadsheet and how some of the values were derived (i.e., Standard Deviation).

5. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

Regarding the standard deviation. You will notice that columns J to T are hidden, those are the columns that contain the rankings that I used to get the average rank. The standard deviation is just there to show you how close the values used to rank are to the actual average.

For example you will notice that Lucks standard dev is 0 because he was ranked 1st in every ranking. The lower the standard deviaiton the more consistent the rankings are in relation to the average. If you look down the sheet you will see that Fletcher Cox has a higher standard deviation than others which means that his ranking varied quite a bit when looking at all the rankings.

It's mostly just an indication on whether the people/sites doing the rankings agree for the most part on the players rank (low std dev) or if they disagree (large std dev)

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Thanks, Beerfish. It was the J to T values that I was curious about in determining the SD.

7. Beerfish

Beerfish Rookie

You can always unhide those rows if you like and see what rankings I used. I just hide them so as not to clutter up that page of the spreadsheet.