2014 NFL Free Agency Mega Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by LebaneseFF, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

its based upon the goobered ammount of money orton is owed. He's like the 10th highest salary on the roster

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

In today's Dallas Morning News, they said that Orton will more than likely be back in 2014. If he decides to retire, he'd owe them $3 million of his $5 million base salary.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Broncos are expected to sign former Steelers WR Emmauel Sanders, per league sources.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Am not gonna say sanders is not a better wr,but the Broncos could have really made the revis signing by the Pats moot by signing edelman last week when he visited.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

If I'm not mistaken, Sanders said he was a #1...now he's a solid 3. Where he belongs...

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Browner going to the Pats. Didn't see it here. If repost, sorry. Revis + Browning should make the Pats much improved in the DB.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea it'll definitely help. the defense was decent last year considering all the injuries. the offense needs work though.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still need some WR IMO...although the return of a healthy GRONK should help a little bit...

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm not counting on gronk at all. I think they are, and that's a mistake.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

once he gets off suspsension

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

walter thurmond to the giants.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Melton is in Dallas now and will be visiting with Dallas tomorrow.

My guess is who they pursue is dependent on whether or not they sign Melton. I think if we bring Melton in fold, you will see Ayers on a one year deal as well. If we dont sign Melton, I think they try to get Jared Allen on a deal similar to what Peppers signed.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Allen will be 32 next month. Signing him would be against this new philosophy about signing older players. I don't think the Cowboys have enough money to sign Allen.

14. Jihad Joe

Your reading into things the wrong way. Remember we didnt just cut Ware to go younger, we wanted to keep him. Just at 8.5 million and not 13 million. I dont think there is any philosophy to signing older players, there is a philosophy about not tieing up future caps to older players.

We have shown interest in both Peppers and Allen. Neither of which will hurt our 2015 and 2016 caps

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Its not age, its about the $ ammount.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  16. Jihad Joe

Depends on what he is asking for. Ware was smart to sign early. Allen deserves the same deal Ware got, and we cant give him that. But at this stage he may have to accept a deal similar to Peppers, which we could give him if we cant lock up Melton

17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Not as of Monday Morning

18. LebaneseFF

The Emmanuel Sanders signing was a big controversy, the agent verbally agreed to sign with KC and then backtracked here is the story

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...uel-sanders-deal-draws-executives-crying-foul

Emmanuel Sanders has agreed to terms on a three-year deal with the Broncos worth $15 million, but the process that led him there left the other teams involved fuming and crying foul. One team official claimed Sanders' agent broke "every rule in negotiations."

Agent Steve Weinberg, on behalf of the wide receiver, accepted a deal with the Chiefs in principle, according to one team source. Weinberg then engaged in negotiations with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to another source involved in the process.
    While shopping the Chiefs' offer to the Bucs, Weinberg never explained that he had already accepted the terms of Kansas City's offer. Later in the night, Sanders' agent had agreed to terms with the Broncos, which is where he is currently headed. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.

"This was one of the worst situations in modern football negotiations," one executive involved said. "Totally wrong. This needs to be stopped."

Reached at his home late Saturday, Weinberg declined to comment on the record when informed of the allegations. However, his client addressed the matter at a Sunday news conference announcing the signing.

"There was no handshake," Sanders said. "There was no kind of agreement in terms of -- you know -- we were close to a deal, but it wasn't anything official just yet."

19. LebaneseFF

Redskins need a damn safety. This is crazy

20. Jihad Joe

Major Wright is still out there

LebaneseFF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.