2015 Eagles Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im gonna throw my NFC East FA predictions here since its Eagles relevent.

Eagles will be active. Will bring in Revis and possibly on other big ticket FA. I do think Maclin walks.

Giants will land Suh.

Cowboys will be active on the DL and will bring in Hardy and Fairley. I can see Kareem Jackson as well. They will lose Murray to Indy for 9 million per.

Redskins, I dont have a great feel for what they will do, but I can see a top intiror OL or RT

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Kelly seems to trying to get a younger roster. I think they go after Maxwell more than Revis. I thought for sure they would re-sign Maclin, but now I'm not as confident. I hope they get it done though.

3. Jihad Joe

I still think they will a CB at 20. To me FAs are only 2 to 3 year fixes.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Week 5-17 last season, LeSean McCoy ranked 2nd behind only rushing champion DeMarco Murray (1,311) in total rush yds with 1,127.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Does Kelly really care about defense though?

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i agree with dawk, if kiko is able to stay healthy this is a good trade. rb's are expendable at his age and his cap number.

they have to be ready to make a ton of moves because they have a ton of starting positions to address now. . 2 de's - rb - 2cb's, safety, OG, and then the thought of going after marioata ?

my head is spinning.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

if
    they dont go after mariota this is the thought. def will be a couple real good guys out there.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could be dumping salary to go big in free agency and then give up their draft to move up for Mariotta?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maclin may be the only Eagles free agent they bring back...

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

my eagles FA theory - (if going for mariota)

byron maxweel - cb
    kareem jackson cb
    devon mccourty - s
    pernell mcphee - de/olb
    mark ingram - rb
    mike iupata - g

re-sign maclin - wr

11. Jihad Joe

Just some thoughts.

You guys are losing 12 sacks with Cole/Graham. Those guys gotta be replaced, although I don't know who they have in the pipeline. I could see a 3rd or 4th rounder going on the edge, and maybe a vet minimum flier

Logan is a decent NT, but you could do much better, and I think Logan would be a better strong side 5 Tech. Eddie Goldman is a guy who would be a sound pick at 20 if they dont go CB.

I wouldn't worry too much about Maclin, I think Mathews is ready to be the #1 and I could see him putting up similar #'s to Maclin. Cooper is a downgrade from Mathews at the #2 but I think Huff is going to be ready. Alot of things he can do from the slot.

Kiko Alanso. Excellent coverage back, poor run defender. He is a turnover machine

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He still wasn't nearly as explosive as the season before.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Hope they trade with washington to move up to 5th to take mariota.we need the picks.

They will sign a few defensive players,maybe a tight end and rb to replace a few who's contracts are up.

14. Jihad Joe

Whats this about the Eagles trading there next 3 drafts and Foles for Mariotta and Mike Evans?

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I just read something that the Niners were looking to retain Gore. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Only two days to act on it before the Eagles swoop in and get the 32-year old RB? Not sure why the interest would be there...

I really thought the Eagles would get a deal done with Maclin...although, it seems Kelly pretty much wants his fingerprints on EVERYTHING...

17. Jihad Joe

I would be leary of Maclin. He was an 800-900 yard guy before Kellys system

I dont want to pay 10 million for an 8 to 900 yard guy

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. markaz

Maybe not if you're Andy Reid or his 800-900 yard QB.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  19. Jihad Joe

I think they would do better in a 5 TE offense

Buck Fenson likes this.
  20. markaz