2020 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by TJ, Apr 16, 2020.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The first virtual draft!! I can't wait to see what happens if one connection drops, or someone forgets to mute their microphone, or you know...some 70+ year old owner just fails to understand how to work Zoom, Teams or whatever software they're using. It should be good TV.

So what do you want for your team?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yeah, this will definitely be an interesting draft to watch for sure.

The Eagles have needs all over due to poor drafting, but the main ones are:

WR - duh.
    DE - a pass rushing end as they are getting old there.
    LB - not sure if they will address it early though as they don't seem to value the position.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

For the Cowboys, the #1 need is the same of the past 15 years, or whenever Darren Woodson retired: SECONDARY.

We finally had a pro-bowl Corner in Byron Jones and we let him walk in free agency because he was still the third most important free agent.

Chido Awuzie and Jordan Lewis are free agents in 2021.

And don't even get me started in the safety position.

After that some DL help and OL depth would be nice.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

The Eagles pick of WR Jalen Reagor is certainly not being celebrated by most Eagles fans. Especially since the Cowboys took Lamb several picks earlier. I'm lukewarm on it. He's got excellent speed, can play all WR positions including out of the backfield, is a great punt returner, and even though he's only about 5'11" he's got ridiculous vertical leap. He was a victim of awful QB play at TCU. Wentz may really help Reagor take his game to another level. I hope so at least.

There are going to be so many comparisons done on all of these WRs the next few years. Will be fun to watch. I hope the Eagles got this right.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh my God we got CeeDee. WE GOT CEEDEE!!!!!

Everybody said it was impossible for him to drop to 17, and here we are. Say what you want about Jerry but he learns from his mistakes. To this day he regrets passing on Randy Moss in 1998 (I'm not saying CeeDee is Randy Moss).

The Cowboys usually do better when they draft best available rather than by need. When you draft by need you end up with Taco Charlotn and Tysom Hill and Mo Claiborne.

I really love this pick!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I really hate that pick for you guys....for obvious reasons haha. Your offense is going to be even more explosive. Hopefully your defense doesn't improve.

Let's see what happens tonight....

TJ likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

OMG....the Eagles drafted QB Jalen Hurts with their 2nd round pick. A QB.....WTF???? They may be thinking of him as a Taysom Hill kinda player...but they have so many other needs. Mims was there!!

I am dumbfounded by what Howie Roseman is doing with this draft. Does he just love the name, 'Jalen'?

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey, come on...you need a QB for the inevitable Wentz injury in week 13. Better take the best available, right?

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This feels like the first time the Cowboys are doing exactly what I want them to in the draft. A play maker WR, DL depth and finally fixed the DB need. And they still have 3 picks left!!!

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys traded with the Eagles for the last pick in the 4th round and took a center from Wisconsin, to replace another center from Wisnconsin who just retired.

Nice.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Also, is it just me or is this draft format way better than the original?

12. DawkinsINT

I couldn't even watch after the Eagles decisions on Thursday and Friday. I'm still angry.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys got steals in rounds 1, 2, 3 4 (two times) and 5, according to the super-duper experts. Eagles fans are angry.

This might very well be the best draft ever!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys signed a Mexican tackle as an undrafted free agent, Isaac Alarcon from Monterrey. He's a long shot to make the final roster, sure, but it kind of makes me proud. This draft just keeps getting better :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just like Jerry Jones missing on Randy Moss in 1998, Howie Roseman said he missed on Russell Wilson in 2012 and regretted it. That's why he took Hurts early.

Still...he just gave Wentz over 100 million guaranteed. Makes little sense...maybe he'll try to trade him after he wins a Super Bowl, after missing that with Foles :D