2021 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Feb 8, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Season opener: Cowboys at Buccaneers. September 9th.

According to the fanbase reaction in social media, we're either winning that game by 40, or losing it by 40...with no in-between.

Can't wait.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Cowboys-Bucs is a fun way to kick off the season. We could learn a lot about both right off the bat.

The Eagles appear to have a favorable schedule but I have no clue what this team is. It's kind of exciting to go in with no expectations.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I find it too weird to say "we might go 11-6" rather than 10-6.

16 was such a perfect number...I might never get over this...

4. DawkinsINT

I hear you. I don't like it either. I forgot about it until I saw the Eagles schedule yesterday.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Just checked out ticket prices to the 'Boys-Bucs Thursday night home opener.

You'll be lucky to get into that game for under four figures.

RAISE THE FLAG AND FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Only for vaccinated people or has that ship sailed? (pun intended)

This side from the Rio Grande we're just beginning to get vaccines. My parents (both over 60) just got their first shot a couple of weeks ago.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Didn't Justin Herbert win ROY last year? What were his odds in May? If there were, of course...we were in full lock down back then.

The Packers situation is the same as the one with Brett Favre in 2008, only the exact opposite. Back then, the team finally had moved on and Rodgers was ready to take the job only for Favre to return and demand it back. We all know how that turned out. This time, though, Love is nowhere near ready to be the starter, based on the fact that he was never even activated all last season. Some other guy was Rodgers back-up.

In Philly, Jalen Hurts has one year to prove his worth. The Eagles will have two, maybe three 1st round picks in next year's draft, will have a clean cap, and no fear to start over with a rookie. I'm very interested to see Sam Darnold in a semi-competent franchise after 3 years seeing ghosts with the genius Adam Gase. And what are the Broncos even doing?!?!

As for my own Dallas Cowboys, after finally paying Dak and making him the highest paid QB not named Patrick (and in less time) the struggle to keep a solid team together will begin in one year. I hope Jerry knows what he's doing and knows for a fact that the cap is about to balloon, otherwise we'll have the same struggles the Eagles had in the past couple of years, but with no Lombardi to show for.

At the end of the day, nothing matters. Brady will win ring number 8 and everybody else will be left wondering what went wrong and how to reload and try again.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej…

I remember the Favre/Rodgers drama. I also remember when the Niners decided to move on from Montana in favor of Young. Tough decisions, the both of them. As you suggest, I don’t think Love is anywhere near replacing Rodgers so I don’t get all the hullabaloo.

This team was one bad call and one Rodgers bad read from making the Super Bowl. And he has one of the best (if not the best) wide receivers in the league. Plus now a pretty damn good running back.

I still think his best bet to win is in Green Bay, unless he wants out of the NFC. And who wouldn’t with the Buccaneers roaming around?

I also think you’re right about Hurts. As we both know, Philly fans are about as impatient as Rodgers so we’ll see how soon they pull that trigger.

Re: the Broncos, I think they’re in full “Go After Rodgers” mode. As least that’s what their fan base is hoping. But how many years does he have left playing at the level he did last year? I don’t think that matters to Denver as they started Peyton until he could no longer throw a football.

I looked into getting Cowboys-Bucs tickets Week One when they raise Brady’s banner. You’d be lucky to get in the building for under a grand. That being said, come on down and let’s party. You only live once.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha. Sounds nice. Do you have avocado tequila? Can I get a vaccine? My government doesn't care about me as I'm not poor, but not rich enough to travel to the USA to get it myself. Also, I need to renew my passport and VISA but the offices are closed due to the pandemic.

As you can see, I'm trapped and I'm screwed at least until this whole thing passes... or it's my turn to get a vaccine, by the summer of 2022, at the current pace.

The third world hurts so much sometimes...

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I think, at this point, Julio Jones has been linked to more teams than not... that only not being staying with the Atlanta Falcons.

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys opened training camp today and somehow I'm really excited watching practice videos on twitter from different reporters and fans.

Diggs intercepted Dak on a play and it was awesome.

Now Dak is a usless bum and Diggs is the #1 DPOY candidate.

Cowboys Fans...you gotta love them, right?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Today's poll: Who is more sad today? Bears, Vikings and Lions fans after seeing Aaron Rodgers report to Packers camp or whatever schools are left in the Big 12 after seeing their two biggest moneymakers, Texas and Oklahoma, jump ship for the SEC?

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think the other schools. This most likely means Rodgers is gone after 2021 and at least the Bears have their QB of the future in place. Lions are entering year 54 of their rebuild and the Vikings will ride Cousins until the wheels fall off. If I were a Bears fan I'd be excited about the future.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Got an alert in my phone. Headline reads as follows:

"Cowboys sign Hooker"

Wait what? Am I back in the 90s? Is that a Michael Irvin prank? What is going on? (It means Malik Hooker, free agent safety)

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Carson Wentz got hurt in the first practice of training camp. I swear you can't make this stuff up...

Now they just need to trade for Nick Foles. Congrats to the Indianapolis Colts your new Super Bowl LVI Champions!!

Ohh and the Eagles don't get their third first round pick. Everybody wins!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Holy crap. I just got off work without any news of any sort. I didn't even know Wentz got hurt until reading your post, TJ. Unreal how injury prone he is. Wow.

TJ likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

Devonta Smith has a knee sprain and is week to week. Ugh!!

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's training camp. Dak had some shoulder soreness the other day and they shut him down for one or two weeks. You can't take any chances with your 40-million dollar per year QB.

He swears he'll be fine. He's still working out, just not throwing...