2021 Week 6 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Oct 14, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can't believe it's week 6 already. Good thing the season is longer now, but we're 1/3 of the way now.

Tonight: Bucs vs. Eagles. Rooting for the Brady and friends, of course.

Cowboys play the Pats and it feels so weird to be favored against them. Must be the first time since 1996, a game I remember because we beat them with seven FGs and not a single touchdown.

I'm betting a small parlay, of 200 pesos (10 dollars): Bucs -7 and Dodgers moneyline. Let's see if I can get out of this bad streak. I can get home and watch the second half of the football game and then maybe the last 2 or 3 innings of the baseball game. That will keep me awake.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Brady said he occasionally still has nightmares about the SB loss to the Eagles. That does not bode well for the Eagles tonight.

On Sundays games, there are a couple of really good matchups that I will focus a lot on. Chargers-Ravens in the early games and Cards-Browns in the afternoon.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Here's my picks for Week Six. I'm taking Philly plus the points. TB's too banged up.

2021 Week Six: The Wife Hates Sports Takes on the Lovely and Talented BCole - Sports Chump

The Buccaneers are the walking wounded. The defending champs understand that the NFL is a 17-week marathon and not a sprint. It’s only Week Six and they are already dealing with some heinous injuries. Brady’s Gronkowski security blanket is out. Tampa’s secondary is depleted enough for them to beg a 32-year-old Richard Sherman to become their leading tackler. They’ll be without defensive team captain Lavonte David. While their offense had been unstoppable, their leader Tom Brady is nursing a hand injury. The Buccaneers are once again stout against the run but haven’t yet faced a scrambling quarterback quite like Jalen Hurts this season. Opposing quarterbacks have been passing at will against the Bucs questionable D. Hurts mobility should keep Tampa’s already depleted defense off balance. The Eagles aren’t as bad as their record indicates. Keep in mind their three losses are to the Cowboys, Niners and Chiefs. While seven points is nothing for the Tampa Bay offense that has scored 30 or more points in four in its first five games, the Philly crowd should be less than welcoming for the Super Bowl champs. Again, this game is far more important to Philadelphia than it is to Tampa. We didn’t give Tampa Bay many losses on the season but this could be one if they don’t manage the game properly. In a short week with all their injuries, the Eagles should give Tompa Brady all they want so I will begrudgingly take the Eagles plus the seven points as the Bucs will be lucky to escape with a win.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I've really had it with Sirianni's refusal to run the ball. It's beyond infuriating. It's his first time as a play caller so I gave him some slack early on. By week 6 though he should know that he needs to run the ball with his backs more than one time in the first half. Miles Sanders is one of the best weapons on the offense and the other teams don't even have to scheme for him as Nick takes him out of the game. Hurts was horrible yesterday and was given zero help with the running game.

It's only 6 games and the schedule will start to get much easier but I'm already starting to think that Sirianni is a one and done head coach.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Like I needed to hate the Eagles more...going for 2 when you don't have to and ruining my parlay. Yes, it would've pushed...but still!!

It felt like Tampa took the foot off the gas at the end there. It was 28-7 and I felt like it was over.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Eagles have traded Zack Ertz to the Cardinals. I wonder if he plays on sunday, will he be the first player to play 2 games the same week? That has never happened, right? Is it allowed?

Wait, let me look for the terms of the trade...

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

"The Cardinals traded for veteran tight end Zach Ertz, a player with whom the team had been potentially linked since the offseason, sending the Philadelphia Eagles rookie cornerback Tay Gowan and a 2022 fifth-round draft pick. The trade is contingent on both players passing physicals."

8. DawkinsINT

Sad to see Ertz go even though it makes sense for both parties. We would not have won the Super Bowl without him. He was so clutch. I guess I'll start rooting for the Cards to make it out of the NFC this year...

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And to answer my own question, Ertz cannot play on sunday for the Cards as he already played this week. It's in the rules, apparently.

That's a shame because I wanted to see a player traded twice in the same week and see if he could play on thursday, sunday and monday...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I have no idea what happened to the Dolphins re-build. They were playing great last year, and even the year before that, when they traded everyone for whatever pick they could find. They used to play so hard I admired it. Now I see them folding against the Jaguars and wonder what happened?!?! Is Tua that bad? Will Tua over Herbert go down in history like Bowie over Jordan or Odem over Durant? I don't know, this is unbelievable.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Had things come up that kept me away from following the games today. I just saw the Ravens lead over the Chargers and I'm stunned. Wow!

12. DawkinsINT

Aaron Rodgers to Bears fans after his TD run..."I own you! I still own you!". I'm not a big fan of Rodger's personality overall but I love when you see how much a rivalry means to a player.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Rodgers owns the Cowboys too, I'm not the one to talk xD

BTW refs are killing us against the Patriots...Dak has had 3 TDs in the goal line this season denied by the refs. Put a chip in the football al ready, this is getting ridiculous.

14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Not too many people gone from my eliminator pool this week. Most games went as expected, yes?

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, my teaser went down in flames after the Ravens destroyed the Chargers. I had lowered the line to Chargers +8.5 and it still fell so short I almost felt stupid for it.

Cowboys should've put away the Pats in the third quarter but the refs wouldn't allow it.

Steelers didn't cover and I lost a lot of money this weekend. Almost all my free money is gone now.

So yeah, just as expected...

16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I stayed away from games like MIN-CAR and DAL-NE that I honestly felt could have gone either way.

I had Chargers moneyline but that was a stab. The two dogs that I thought would hit yesterday actually did, Arizona and Vegas.

'Zona should not have been a dog and if you simply remove the problem from the Vegas equation, as they did, you'll find a decent football team.

TJ likes this.
  17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LMAO. Good one, Chump.

Fun fact: if tipped interceptions no longer count as interceptions, then Tony Romo only threw 2 interceptions his whole career. That should push him to the HOF with the least interceptions ever for a 10-year starter.