2021 Week 7 discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Oct 20, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Right after the Browns announced Mayfield will not start tomorrow, the line plummeted from Browns -4 to -1. I managed to put some action on the Broncos +2.5. I think by kickoff the Broncos will be favored so I got a great line IMO.

So the Cowboys have a bye that comes at the right time as it feels like half the team is banged up, especially Dak with a new calf injury, Zeke with the ribs and Cooper with his ankles. The fact that we managed to win 5 in a row without 3 starters and the best player on defense is amazing. So let's get some rest and hope we get some guys back.

The game that draws my attention the most is Cardinals vs. Texans a.k.a. the DeAndre Hopkins revenge game. Cards are 18 point favorites...they can't move that line high enough.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Looks like you're already behind the 8-ball this week with the Browns 3 point win last night, Teej.

In the early games this week there are a couple of good ones: Chiefs-Titans & Bengals-Ravens.

Eagles have the Raiders who have a pretty bad run defense. I can't wait to scream at my tv since Sirianni I'm sure will still refuse to use his running backs.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah...absolutely. That and the Dodgers are draining my free money. Seems like I have some sort of power, when I bet on the Dodgers they lose, when I don't, like yesterday, they win. So I'm done with them, I want my boy Urias to get another ring.

I might take the week off, gambling wise xD. Maybe put something on the Clasico (Real Madrid vs. Barcelona) but that's it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm so tempted to tease the Titans to +10.5 over KC. That and the Packers like you said.

6. DawkinsINT

Titans up 27-0 against the Chiefs at the half...WOW!

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ka-ching!!!

We're back on track.

8. DawkinsINT

The Eagles have allowing the opposing QB to have a completion percentage of 80+ in 4 of the last 5 games. Embarrassing.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can anyone explain to me again why Kyle Shanahan is considered a genius?

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Eagles trading a Joe Flacco back to the Jets for a 6th round pick. Looks like Zack Wilson will lose some time.

So Eagles upgrade their backup position (I think Minshew is better) and get an extra pick. Good for you!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Alright, brothers. Any one of you guys want to make picks for my site for Week 8? I know it's short notice but let me know. I'll need your written picks by Friday.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I took the Cowboys at -1.5 against the Vikings on Monday because I'm a homer and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that line. Last time I checked it was at -3 already...and I'd still take that. The Cowboys offense get La'el Collins back, maybe Michael Gallup too and it's only going upwards from here until they wrap up the division on Thanksgiving.

It seems tempting to take the Cardinals on Thursday night as Rodgers won't have his top 2 WRs but -6 is just too high for my taste. I'm staying away but it should probably go OVER 50.5 points. Cardinals are just too explosive.

After beating the Bills and demolishing the Chiefs, Vegas still doesn't trust the Titans and I just don't understand. One-point favorites against the Colts? Ok, here's my first teaser of the week. I'm going to move that line to +5 against the Colts, take the Bengals and their -10 against the Jets and turn it into a -4, and I'll just get in line already to collect my winnings. Too easy. (Feel free to add the Bills at -7.5 against the Dolphins and make it a three-team teaser. Just beware, it looks too easy...something I'm missing, maybe).

For the late games I don't see anything teasable. I almost talked myself into Chargers and Bucs but they were badly beaten by the Saints last year. Besides, if I have to "talk myself" into something, maybe I shouldn't be doing it to begin with. I'm taking it easy and going with the Jaguars +3 against the Seahawks because why not. They snapped the losing streak, they're playing really hard and they're coming off the bye against the Seahawks that just played on Monday and seem absolutely lost without Russell Wilson.

After what I saw last week, I don't know if the Chiefs can cover -10 against the Giants. I'm staying away.

(By the way, my lines come from Mexican gambling apps, as I can't use American ones...because laws and stuff. Consider that if you notice my lines are off, because the probably are compared to what you saw).

13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I was gonna take the Cards on Thursday and lay the touchdown (or thereabouts) and then I heard JJ Watt might miss the season so I'm gonna lay off.

I don't think the Cards would have beaten the Bucs anyway come playoff time but that's a tough blow.

TJ likes this.