2022 Week 17 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Dec 29, 2022.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe there are only 2 weeks left in the regular season.

Here's what I'll be watching this weekend:

Cowboys at Titans - A rare non-Eagles Thursday night game I'll be able to watch as I have no work tomorrow. Not that it really makes much of a difference but obviously I'll be rooting for the Titans.

Saints at Eagles - The Eagles have so many injuries and the Saints defense has been playing well. I expect it to be a close game since it appears that Hurts won't be playing.

49ers at Raiders - My brother is a 49ers fans and most likely he will be over on Sunday. If he doesn't come over I probably will start with Vikings-Packers and flip around to the most interesting games.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I expect the Cowboys to blow out the Titans tonight (Cowboys -11 if I still had gambling money), as they won't have Derrick Henry, and then the Eagles to lose...just so the week 18 game means something for both. I'm afraid if they sit the starters they'll forget how to play football.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys won and covered but I can't stop wondering about Dak's one dumb interception per game. He always bounces back nicely after making such a mistake...I don't know if it has become some sort of ritual...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I hope you feel better soon, Chump.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, happy New Year, GIF community!! All two of you!! Here's for one more year, I'm two short from 20 in this place XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Thanks, boys. At least I got to stay home and watch two pretty kick ass football games.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Embarrassing loss by the Eagles. I don't care who was QB. This team peaked too early.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And like everyone expected, week 18 can still mean something. #1 seed still on the line!! :O

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Didn't watch it but the Saints are feisty and clearly not having Hurts hurts.

That being said, you're probably right.

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, so we need to beat the WC team (easy) and the Eagles to lose to the Giants (not so easy) to clinch the East. If the 49ers lose (not easy at all) too we get the #1 seed and the bye. So we can finish 1, 2 or 5. It will probably be 5 because we can't have nice things and Brady will wake up from his slumber just in time for the playoffs because of course he will...

It's been fun...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can we do memes? I like this one
    [​IMG]

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

I'm still seething about yesterday. What a horrible job by the coaches. The refusal to run the ball when you have a backup QB playing, best starting OL out, and Sanders playing well makes no sense.

The Eagles defensive line has been amazing this season though. Yesterday was their 5th straight game of 6+ sacks. They are also the first team in NFL history to have 4 guys with double digit sacks in a season.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Read this on Twitter and it gave me incredible levels of anxiety:

The Ultimate Dallas Cowboys Playoff Path of Exorcism:

Wildcard Round: On the road against Tom Brady and the Buccaneers

Divisional Round: On the road against the 49ers or Eagles (either works tbh)

NFC Championship Game: Aaron Rodgers and the Packers

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

That would be epic but I'd personally be very depressed..haha.

TJ likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'd be more depressed if we overcome that only to lose to the Bills or Chiefs in the Super Bowl XD

But one step at a time...

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field and apparently had to be resucitated. Awful thing to watch...Just awful. Cancel the game and tell us he'll make it :(

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I always thought the exact milisecond where a strong enough hit on the chest could stop your heart was just a myth...

I hope the NFL doesn't overreact to this. We've been playing football for over 100 years and this is the first time it happens (that we know of, at least). A freak accident very unlikely to happen again in another 100 years...

Here's hoping Hamlin has a full recovery and can live a happy life...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

Yeah, the Hamlin situation was scary. Glad that he seems to be recovering well so far. Hopefully he makes a full recovery fairly quickly.

TJ likes this.