2022 Week 18 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 4, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I have no idea if week 18 will or should be played, but here we go...

#1 seed in the NFC is still up for grabs. The odds are Eagles 85%, 49ers 10% and Cowboys 5%. It would be hillarious if the Cowboys get it just to lose in the first playoff game after the bye, as always.

Cowboys are 6-pt favorites against the WC team which I think is too low...I'd like to grab that action.

Sunday night the win and get in game is Lions vs. Packers...unless the Seahawks win then it isn't as the Lions would be eliminated. The schedule gods didn't smile this year.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damar Hamlin woke up and the first thing he asked is who won the game. Today, he got the breathing tube removed and he's speaking with teammates via facetime. Medicine really is amazing!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yeah, such tremendous news about Hamlin. I can't imagine what things would have been like if he would have passed away.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

It sucks that the Eagles will need to win this week against the Giants backups, but I'm trying to think of the positive aspects of it. It is good for Hurts to get some action in now instead of having a 5 week break and come back rusty during the playoffs. At the beginning of the season I would have killed for the Eagles to be in this position to have HFA throughout the playoffs. When the Eagles won the SB in 2017 they struggled the last few weeks before the playoffs. The bye week helped them reset and play like they did before the Wentz injury. I'm hoping that sort of thing happens again.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Bills-Bengals game from last monday was cancelled and declared a no-contest and now expect a mess in the AFC playoffs. Seeding by winning percentage, if the Bills or Bengals make it to the championship game it will be played in a neutral site, and for a time an 8-seed was considered. Expect the NFL to come up with some protocol if/when a game in the future has to be cancelled.

Crazy that not even in the pandemic year this happened...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

That 8th seed scenario would have been nuts. I thought for a bit there that they might do it to get 2 more games and more $$.

There is always so much craziness and shockers on the last weekend of the season. I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Should be fun.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

One of my buddies is a Dolphins fan so we'll be watching them against the Jets while flipping back to the Bills-Pats game. I hope Miami makes it in to make the playoffs even more fun for us.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

11. DawkinsINT

Horrible display by the Eagles to finish the season. I hope the bye will really help them get their early season groove back.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The worst game of the season since week one against Tampa and now in the wild card round we go to Tampa...yay!!

New year, new gambling money. I teased the Giants to +20, the niners to -8 and Seahawks to -.5 and I officially hit my first bet of the season...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys haven't won a playoff game on the road since 1992.
    Cowboys are 0-7 all-time vs. Brady
    Cowboys looked like a$$ in week 1 against the Bucs...

I'm going to reverse jinx the sh!t out of this...

14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

If you come on down to Tampa for the game, bra, lemme know.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha. Going to Florida...that would be an adventure. Thanks, Chump!! Someday I will :D

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My surest pick failed. Bills failed to cover abd I'm 2-1 now