2022 Wild Card Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 10, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't want to wait until thursday and I want to talk about this. I want to do the playoff challenge again: pick correctly every playoff game against the spread. 13-0. That's the goal. No more teasers, no more parlays...

So we have 6 games in 3 days...some look obvious but some not so much. Let's see:

(Lines are as of tuesday morning)

Saturday afternoon:
    Seahawks @ 49ers (-10). I somehow think the Seahawks can cover this.

Saturday night:
    Chargers (-1) @ Jaguars. This is probably the hardest game to pick. I'm leaning towards the Chargers but I can't get past their horrible playoff luck in the past 2 decades.

Sunday noon:
    Dolphins @ Bills (-10). Easiest one. Bills in a landslide. They can make this line 20 for all I care.

Sunday afternoon:
    Giants @ Vikings (-3). Never take a road underdog unless you think it can straight up win. Yes, I think the Giants can win this one.

Sunday Night:
    Ravens @ Bengals (-6.5). So is Lamar playing? I need to know!!!

Monday night:
    Cowboys (-3) @Buccaneers. Oh boy...you know the history by now. No road playoff wins since the Bush administration...the FIRST Bush. 0-7 all-time vs. Brady. At some point it has to go right, right?

I'll post my picks later in the week. I can't decide in the Chargers and Ravens game and I'm having second thoughts about the Giants...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A friend sent me this and I loved it. I'm the little girl...save me!!
    [​IMG]

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

One more: the Cowboys will play in their blue jerseys next Monday. They have played 7 playoff games in blue. Their record is 1-1 with the only win in 1978.

So yeah...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dolphins announced Tua is out (well, duh) and I couldn't pick the Bills fast enough. The line amazingly was at 9.5 so even better.

Five to go...

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Who I'll be rooting for this weekend:

Seahawks - 49ers - 49ers should blow them out but it would be nice to get SF out of the picture. Go Hawks.
    Chargers - Jags - Going to root for Doug Pederson.
    Dolphins - Bills - Tua being ruled out is a real bummer. That was the only thing that could have made the game fairly interesting.
    Giants - Vikings - I can't stand either team. I just hope this one is a close interesting game.
    Ravens - Bengals - I guess I want the Bengals to advance to make things more interesting in the next couple of rounds.
    Cowboys - Bucs - Obviously I want the Bucs to win but I don't want Brady to look too good. He still scares me.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

HAHAHA!! Wanted to edit a post and ended up quoting it and now I can't delete it.

Did you know I used to be a mod here? XD

I'll post later, I already have 4 of my picks, but I need to choose an underdog: Jaguars or Giants...

Be right back...

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, time's up. Here we go!! The picks are in. This is what I came up with, alongside an attempt to explain my reasoning:

49ERS (-9.5) over Seahawks.
    I thought about picking the Seahawks hoping they lose but still cover but I was never that sure...then the line dropped from 10 and made it easier. Brock Purdy will be the Tom Brady of this generation...get ready to forever remember the QBs taken ahead of him in the draft, and to watch him become an insufferable a$$hole...

JAGUARS (+2) over Chargers
    My upset special. My ONLY upset, in fact. Never take a road underdog unless you think they can straight up win. Well, I think the Jags can win this. Let's see if the Chargers left their awful playoff luck in San Diego...I don't think so. Also, I think Lawrence is slightly better than Herbert.

BILLS (-9) over Dolphins.
    No brainer here. No Tua, no party. Make this line 30, I don't care. Watch the Bills blow them out of the stadium like they did with the Patriots last year.

VIKINGS (-3) over Giants.
    This was the hardest one to pick until I realized something: Am I ready to back Daniel Jones as an underdog on the road in a playoff game? Then I also realized it's not a night game so we get Good Kirk Cousins. That made it better.

BENGALS (-8) over Ravens.
    The same as the Dolphins: No Lamar, no party. And some people think he's not that hurt and he could play but he's kinda of "holding out" for his new contract...Lamar, my boy...get ready to eat two franchise tags. In the meantime, Joey B and the Bengals should have a field day here...

Cowboys (-2.5) over BUCCANEERS
    NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM... NEVER BET ON YOUR TEAM...
    Agghh...I listed all the reasons why the Cowboys might (and probably will) lose this game but in the end I'm a homer and I can't help myself. I'm glad the line dropped from 3 so I might still be alive if this goes to overtime...but something tells me from the bottom of my heart, that it will be another one-and-done. But hey, 10 years ago we finished 8-8 every year...progress!! We'll make the Super Bowl consistently by the 2050s.

Enjoy the games, everyone...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Please God noooooo!!!! That would be a nightmare.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Chargers announced Mike Williams won't play and my Jaguars pick looks way better now.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah...the Chargers horrible playoff luck came with them all the way from San Diego. What an epic collapse.

I'm 2-0 after the first day. 11 to go.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

I fell asleep during the Jags game while they were being blown out. I was so shocked to see they won.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It was here xD

My surest pick failed. Unbelievable

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

The Dolphins had their chances. I can't believe how poor their clock management was throughout the entire game. That's the #1 thing that cost them.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After a perfect saturday, I went 0-3 on sunday and the dream is over...

I'll probably be 2-4 after tonight...I don't know if I have the strength to go over another Cowboys playoff game but at least I got the day off to prepare...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys won...in the playoffs...on the road...in their navy jerseys...against Tom Freakin' Brady!!! And they dominated!!!

Cowboys social media and Dak haters say it shouldn't count as it was a losing team with a 45-year old QB. I don't care...

I'm a little more confident now...bring on the 49ers!!

BTW... 3-3 in the wild card round...breaking even, at least XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

Brady looked awful but that was still a dominant win by the Cowboys. The whole Maher missing extra points thing was strange but that was a good game for it to happen.

TJ likes this.