2023 Week 14

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Dec 7, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's week 14 now and it's Cowboys vs. Eagles week again. The GIF bolw, as we said. Cowboys are 3.5 pt favorites, mainly because they're on a roll, haven't lost at home since september of last year, and the Eagles just got demolished by the 49ers. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, but I'm ready to declare the season over if things go south.

Playoff scenarios are already in place but I can't explain them because I barely understand them, but basically whoever wins sunday night clinches as long as three or four other teams lose (Vikings and Lions among them, but there are a few combinations). The 49ers clinch with a win and Seattle and LA Rams loses, I think.

Tonight we have Patriots vs. Steelers which I expect to be a very low scoring game as both teams have top defenses but awful offenses. Pats are 6-pt underdogs and I'm taking those points because I expect them to lose something like 10-6.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I won't be watching tonight's game.

The early games on Sunday are pretty lame. I'll probably watch Rams-Ravens on my tv with Lions-Bears on my pc to start. I have a funny feeling it will be a lot of Red Zone instead.

On the afternoon games, I'll be watching the Seahawks-49ers and Bills-Chiefs on my pc.

GIF Bowl II (of maybe 3 in 2023) - This game is going to teach me so much about this Eagles coaching staff. Last week the players were exhausted after 3 games in 13 days against a rested 49ers squad, but they were outcoached big time. Everything was so vanilla. No imagination on offense and nothing disguised on defense. The Cowboys are the more rested, hotter team and the Eagles never win in Dallas so I think most likely that the Cowboys will win, but I really hope we can keep it close and show some heart.

Updated Gauntlet Results
    1. vs Cowboys W (1-0)
    2. at Chiefs W (2-0)
    3. vs Bills W (3-0)
    4. vs 49ers L that felt like 3 L's (3-1)
    5. at Cowboys
    6. at Seahawks

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I finally got one right!! I didn't want to mention it but I got my a$$ kicked last week in my bets. It all started when the Cowboys failed to cover the -8 line. Now we're starting with the right foot.

I'm sure it was a fun game...I barely watched a few minutes...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I didn't watch any of the game nor did I know the score this morning, but as I was walking into the gym a Steelers fan said to me, "I'm so f**k**ing embarrassed that we lost to the Patriots. I would have rather gotten our asses kicked by the 49ers as bad as you guys did. That was much more respectable than losing to New England.". Haha.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LOL and he's right.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm ready to fire a tweet in february...didn't want to jinx it but it's probable I won't be able to write it anyway so here we go:

"The Cowboys are Super Bowl Champions, the Patriots are the worst team in the league and Green Day just released a new album. I'm finally back in the 90s :D"

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

LOL...I would like 2/3 of that tweet.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

At least 1/3 is certain. New GD album drops in January :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

I'm not nearly as upset at the Eagles performance as I probably should be. The offense moved the ball and had odd turnovers in Dallas territory that will not normally happen. The WR's had uncharacteristic drops. I think the offense will be fine if they run more and spread around the passes (all throws went to AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith or Dallas Goedert).

Defense is going to be a problem the rest of the season because they are not that good in the middle of the field. They did play much better in the 2nd half though. With Cunningham coming back and Byard & Leonard having 4 games to learn the defense, I hope there can be decent improvement by the time the playoffs come around.

My biggest concern is the coordinators. They don't really do anything unique. It feels so vanilla and QBs seem to read it presnap constantly.

After next Monday in Seattle their schedule becomes very easy. Before the season I would have been really happy if we went 4-2 during the guantlet part of our schedule. A win in Seattle accomplishes that. It seems like the sky is falling but things change so quickly in the NFL.

Updated Gauntlet Results
    1. vs Cowboys W (1-0)
    2. at Chiefs W (2-0)
    3. vs Bills W (3-0)
    4. vs 49ers L that felt like 3 L's (3-1)
    5. at Cowboys L
    6. at Seahawks

TJ likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I had a feeling Dallas would take that one. They're hot and Philly's been on a tough streak of four games against top notch opponents.

Both are quality teams, definitely two and three in the NFC depending upon how ya slice it.

This all could come down to who has home field when they meet in the playoffs... and who's the healthiest.

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It has been explained to me that the Eagles are frauds and this win doesn't count either, so we're 0-3 for the season, in line to get the first overall pick (when Philly beat us they were legit, that's why it counts). Haters are fantastic.

In all seriousness, this is the win I've been expecting to see for years now. Dak has elevated his game to a level never seen before. Maybe McCarthy was on to something when he decided to let Kellen Moore go (just look at how he's doing in San Diego...I mean, LA). I was still restraining myself...but where's the fun in that? Do I want to be like those Cowboys fans who act more like haters? No way. I'm all in again...I have hope again...I'll just try to keep my mouth shut.

HOW 'BOUT THEM, COWBOYS!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

I can't believe the way the Chiefs are acting over the offsides call. It was so obvious. I really thought they would act more rational than some of them are.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It was not only offside but illegal formation. Hard to believe that a team that was handed a Super Bowl win with a very borderline interference call (or was it illegal contact? Can't remember anymore) are acting like that.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Am I crazy or are the Giants just good enough to steal one from the Eagles? They still have their two games against them left and we still need Philly to lose at least one more to win the East (as long as we win out, of course).

Oh...and the 49ers clinched a playoffspot now. God, I hate them...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

You are not crazy. You may not even need the Giants to beat them. Seahawks may do it for you on Monday. Pete Carroll had never lost 4 in a row until now so it's tough to see him losing 5 in a row. The Eagles never win in Seattle either. The Eagles can be beat by any team remaining on their schedule the way they are playing right now. It will be up to the offense to get back to where they were early in the season to sweep out the rest of the schedule. I don't like their chances of doing so.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Also, no one has won the NFC East back to back since like the 90s. I thought this would be the year but the Cowboys seem to be peaking at the right team and the Eagles too, only the complete opposite.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The year of the backup QB continues. Chargers place Justin Herbert on IR, ending his season.

DawkinsINT likes this.