2023 Week 17

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Dec 28, 2023.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Only 2 weeks left in the regular season. What a quick year it has been.

I don't care about tonight's Jets-Browns game.

Saturday night - big one between Lions & Cowboys. This is big for seeding and for the Lions to show that they are for real. Can they win on the road in a tough place to play? No matter who wins it will be good for the Eagles. It's actually better if the Cowboys win, but I certainly won't root for them.

Sunday early game - Cardinals at Eagles. The Cards aren't very good but they also don't seem to get blown out. The Eagles despite 11 wins never blow anyone out. It will probably be another nailbiter that the Eagles hang on to.

I will be flipping to Dolphins-Ravens during commercials. I wish this was an afternoon game so I could see it all. Also, I don't have much interest in the afternoon games. I expect the Ravens to win but it will be fun to see the Dolphins offense against the Ravens defense.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sorry...forgot to mention I got the whole week off and decided to disconnect a little bit.

Joe Flacco seems to be regaining the magic from 10 years ago. I'm already picturing him eliminating the Ravens and beating the 49ers in the Super Bowl again. Can you imagine? What will they do with you-know-who? Well, Flacco is 40, anyway so probably nothing.

As for Saturday, the Cowboys seem to be locked into the 5th seed already so the rest of the games might not matter at all...unless a miracle happens and the Eagles drop one. I expect this to be the last game taken "seriously"...only because it's at home and the streak must mean something. Expect the back-ups to be in by the 3rd quarter if it gets out of hand either way.

On sunday there are too many early games and red zone will be a mess. Not sure what I'll do.

Happy new year, everyone!! 2024 will be my 20th year here at FKH formerly known as GIF :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

The Flacco story is great. Your scenario of him leading them to the SB would be amazing haha...

I just checked my profile and next September will be my 20th year here. I clicked your profile and it shows March of 2005 as your join date so you'll have to wait a bit longer to celebrate your 20th.

Happy New Year!

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha. I stand corrected. I was 99% sure it was 2004. Well 19 years is sweet too :D

I was a junior in college with tons of free time back then. What a life...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

When the Cowboys lose thanks to the refs we're not allowed to talk about it, but when they win thanks to the refs everybody can talk about it. I don't think it's fair. They owed us one. We don't apologize for wins.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Wins are wins.

I'm just pissed they didn't cover the spread.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  8. DawkinsINT

I'm glad for the call. Helped the Eagles get in position for the 2 seed.

TJ likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

What an embarrasment the Eagles defense was. Cards ran all over them. To have your former defensive coordinator come into your house and abuse your current defense is belittling. 2023 sucks.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't feel bad about losing to the Cards anymore.

NFC East still up for grabs in the last week.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Funny tweet from Spotrac, a site that tracks the salary cap and whatnot:

If we assume (for fun?) that Dak Prescott, CeeDee Lamb, & Micah Parsons all sign top of their market contracts this offseason, that means:
    Prescott: $56M per year, $147M GTD at sign
    Lamb: $31M per year, $53M GTD at sign
    Parsons: $35M per year, $89M GTD at sign

That's $122M per year on average, $289M guaranteed at signing.

I forgot we have an offseason from hell incoming. Starting to feel like it's now or never. All three are under contract for 2024, extension or not, so the window is one more year if Jerry does nothing, I guess...but they'll get more expensive.

No, wait...the salary cap is fake. We should be fine...

DawkinsINT likes this.