2023 Week 18

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 4, 2024.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Here it is!! The final week of the season. Half the games are meaningless, and the other half still have playoff implications.

The Cowboys clinch the east with a win against Washington. Sounds easy enough until you remember how this team tends to fall short when expectations are high. That 13.5 line is way too high...or way too low, because I expect the Cowboys to suffer in a close game but still pull it off, or win this by 40. There's no in-between.

The most bizarre situation is the Bills. They can win their divisio and get the AFC 2 seed or get eliminated altogether if they lose and don't get enough help. Sunday night should be fun if the Steelers win.

Playoff challenge starts in a week.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe how fast this season went. It's still not too late for the Eagles to play a complete game!

TJ likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

Texans-Colts game was a lot of fun, at least what a watched in the 2nd half. I can’t believe the 4th & 1 drop. That dude isn’t going to get much sleep this offseason.

TJ likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That Eagles meltdown has been a thing of beauty but not sure I want to bet against them against Tampa...

Cowboys taking care of business for a chance...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I can't believe how quickly and how complete this collapse has been by the Eagles. It passed the point of embarrassing straight into comicial. I can't see a way that Siranni comes back now barring some miracle playoff turnaround.

TJ likes this.
  7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

On November 24, two of the Florida teams, Jacksonville and Miami, were 8-3. The other, Tampa Bay, was 4-7. Guess which one won their division. #GoBucs

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Not that it matters this year because the Eagles are straight up garbage and will be lucky to win against the Bucs, but it's an NFL record 4th MNF road game. The schedule maker really hates this team maybe even more than I currently do.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was afraid they would give us the monday night game again, like last year. So glad we get the Sunday afternoon slot. More on that on the upcoming wildcard thread but feels like we got the most favorable match-up possible...and I'm still nervous.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dak Prescott led the league in interceptions last year with 15.

Jalen Hurts had the same exact number this year. Josh Allen had more (18).

What do you think the narrative is today?

Talking heads are dumb.

DawkinsINT likes this.